Change PayPal.me Url

maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

Xanahary

I hope the future is near. Because I'm sick and tired of closing my account just to make a url change. Many of us use PaPal for business. And it makes no sense why one cannot change their PayPal.me link, when businesses are changing all the time for numerous reasons. So please, make this update sooner than later. Because it's extremely irritating when you have to close an account, to open a new account, and then you have to wait for your account to pass a probation period that makes you wait to receive your money because your money is pending for 21 days. Now I understand that you give the option to mark a transaction processed by sending the buyer an email. But, italki.com, the company I work for, is getting irritated because of this. 

Login to Me Too

ApertureStar
Contributor
Contributor

Any word on when this option will be included? My old brand is my username and it NEEDS to be changed. Like... now. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

StarkRavenMad

This needs to be changeable. That, or give us the ability to make, say, 10 links so that the one permanent one is a help and not an albatross.

This is supposed to be a helping tool, not the bane of our existence.

Login to Me Too

kmwdakota
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I last see this topic raised almost three years ago. Has anything changed/is it possible to update your paypal.me link yet? Is there an option to go through PayPal tech support do it? When I set it up, it was not clear it would forever have to be that name and it was named specifically for a large event, not for me personally. 

Login to Me Too

Xdario1969
Hey Paypal, hurry Up!!! Make this changes, everybody wants it!!!
Login to Me Too

DTWJLife
Contributor
Contributor

I own a one-woman parent digital media company, but the most prominent project within it is DTWJLife and I would like to change the URL to that syntax as it is more appropriate for this large project I am working on building. I don't take changes to my business lightly and every project and sub-projects within that I do are carefully considered before changing the name to my URL. This option would be beneficial to my customers so they can identify me easily and there is no confusion in communication.

Login to Me Too

mavicz00m
Contributor
Contributor

So due to my fat fingers, I have typed my paypal.me link incorrectly so I want to correct it.

I see that I can turn it on or off under the Manager function but I would like it if there was an 'Edit' or 'Update' option as well.

So until one of those options become available, I have to turn it off which is a bit of bummer 😞

Login to Me Too

ariellem777

Hi David,

This was posted in Nov., 2015 and it is now Dec., 2018. Many people are having this problem still. Are there any plans to allow users to update their paypal.me link or were you lying before?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ariellem777

David wasn't lying, he stated ''It may become an options for customers at some point in future'' that was not a promise that it would !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stpahd
New Community Member

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hey Maffhew,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but this isn't a possibility at the moment. It may become an options for customers at some point in future but it's not currently an available feature on the PayPal.me service at this time.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the relevant teams. If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, you know where to find us.

David.

David, this isn't really acceptable. Can you get on them to change this??? LOL, what a mess.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.