Change PayPal.me Url

maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

User31
Can't use it until this is fixed. Very stupid design decision.
Login to Me Too

AnonP

Me too... or let us have 2 paypal.me urls

Login to Me Too

kevinvdz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Change PayPal.me Url

Hey Maffhew,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but this isn't a possibility at the moment. It may become an options for customers at some point in future but it's not currently an available feature on the PayPal.me service at this time.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the relevant teams. If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, you know where to find us.

David.

so its now 2018 almost 3years down the road and stil not option............ @PayPal_david give us a date please...
ive created a paypal.me not knowing it would show all my details wich are not needed for the entire internet to see. but i cannot change those details and i cannot change the paypalme cause i thought o ill create new paypal with my online nickname and then a new paypal me so it wont have all that info but i stil CANNOT change paypalme link...... very very sad to see such a major company take the **bleep** out of its users.

Login to Me Too

2manyobstacles
Contributor
Contributor

David, 

Years have gone by since this thread was started asking for this change and nothing has happened. Why not?

Login to Me Too

kkreed527
Contributor
Contributor

Just read this was solved. This is not solved. If so how? Even your FAQs state that pretty much. Its NOT SOLVED. Allow us to change the link name for crying out loud.

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hey Maffhew,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but this isn't a possibility at the moment. It may become an options for customers at some point in future but it's not currently an available feature on the PayPal.me service at this time.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the relevant teams. If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, you know where to find us.

David.

Login to Me Too

scooley
New Community Member

Well - this really stinks, I do not even want to keep my PayPal account now. Before you could have multiple links - now just one and you can't change it?

My URL is raffle tickets?! No one is going to use that link when I am not doing raffle tickets (SO IT IS UTTERLY USELESS TO ME), if it can not be changed - WHY DO YOU NOT GIVE CUSTOMERS A *WARNING POP_UP, advising them that they need to choose wisely - BECAUSE IT CANNOT BE CHANGED?!!!

Not cool PP, not cool at all 😞

Login to Me Too

ARicherYou

Any follow up on this request from a few years back? I just changed the website that I'm using and it would be great to change the short url without having to create an entirely new PayPal account!

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526ED
New Community Member

Please make this possible

Login to Me Too

greenie111
Contributor
Contributor
I clicked on someone's paypal.me link and it said grab this link, so I did. They made a 1 character mistake when they sent the link, so now I have a permanent Paypal me link that is named nearly the same as a local business owner and I won't ever be able to use it or create a new one. I love PayPal, but I'm certainly disappointed in the lack of forethought and planning for this feature!
Login to Me Too

richardy

I misunderstood the difference between paypal.me and pools, and now I'm married for life to my paypal.me URL.  Please fix.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.