Change PayPal.me Url

maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

itsizzy

This is ridiculous. My proper bank made less fuzz about changing my name on their documents and my credit card than paypal does about this idiotic link. It's a big middle finger in the face of everyone. At this point, taking my business back to proper banks who care about their customers seems like the best idea to get around this issue.

Login to Me Too

simplyblessedtn
New Community Member

I changed my business name after 6 short months to something better and I also had previously named it from the town I was living and my husband and I started to talk about moving, and we did so I had to change my business name completely. It was Lynchburg Vinyl, now is Simply Blessed Gifts and I am now hosting events and people pay their vendor fees to me and I can't share my paypal.me link because it is very misleading.

Login to Me Too

ARTFX
Contributor
Contributor

Great job PayPal, it's been so much time and still nothing!
You've just proven once and for all that you don't care a single bit about your users.

This thread has been going on for 3 years now, it has 17 pages total of users who request the same thing, 160 replies and a total of 45.555 views! That is the most of all the posts on the front page of the "Sending and receiving money" category on the forum. Still after all this time, effort and begging of your users for this feature, you still haven't implemented it or came up with a solution. What are you thinking PayPal?

Last time (6 months ago) I said I was not just speaking for myself, but I'm in touch with many musicians who most often rely on PayPal for their online payments. Stuff like this makes me furious especially when it's common practice for brands or artists to rebrand their identity to stay relevant. Even an actual bank won't make such a big deal out of changing your name on your account and we aren't even asking for that much, it's a goddamn URL nothing more... I also come from a graphic design background AND I've spoken to several web developers about this and they all told me that it shouldn't be that hard to implement this feature. Seeing that PayPal simply refuses to take action and actually help their users, now it's enough.

I'm making a video and social media posts about this subject matter, so that all my 53.000 followers will hear about this. Seeing most of those are musicians they probably will think twice about using PayPal as their main method of receiving money, especially when they find out about all this. An artist or brand can change their name and presence, and all their online social media will have to change with that, same for any payment links like PayPal.me. I don't think any artist or brand wants to be in the position we all are in right now, so expect a video coming someday soon and I'm going to spread this around to all the companies and artists I work within the music industry and believe me, I work with loads of bigger brands.

In the meantime: does anybody know of a good alternative to PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Amlogic
Contributor
Contributor

Why isn't this a thing already? Please PayPal, consider allowing us to change our .ME links!

Login to Me Too

Gyry
New Community Member

I agree with you on 100%

Login to Me Too

adamasantares

Do paypal know about that website at all? Anyone from that company opens it at least ones?

Login to Me Too

2manyobstacles
Contributor
Contributor

Good lord. How many months/years does it take to make a simple change like the one being requested? Like all of you, I didn't realize the username would be permanent. Now I'm locked into an unprofessional sounding moniker that was appropriate for my blogger persona, but not for other uses. Please fix this, PayPal. I mean, it's 2018 already.

Login to Me Too

Vics26
Contributor
Contributor

Why is this marked as "Solved" when it clearly isn't? I really don't know how many more requests are needed for this issue to be looked at seriously by the PayPal team. I'm just trying to figure out what the blockage is to having this issue resolved. None of the reasons, whether business policy, technical challenge, or straight up defiance of customer demand gives me any confidence about the way this company is being governed.

Login to Me Too

Grahame1
Contributor
Contributor

I have made an typing error in my PayPal.me address and would like to correct it but cannnot find the method to do so.

Login to Me Too

M_C_B_2018
Contributor
Contributor
Am I able to change my paypal.me link?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.