Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

janellebellard
Contributor
Contributor

Imagine having to type in an abusive ex husbands name daily. Thanks, PayPal! Almost enough to switch account providers if I have to start from scratch anyways. 🤷

Login to Me Too

Oombloom
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. My business name changed and my URL still shows the previous name. So people get confused when I send them my link. I always have to explain and it looks so unprofessional! 

Login to Me Too

Rhino710
Contributor
Contributor
Lol. That’s a HUGE improvement
Login to Me Too

JonKloske
New Community Member

I realise this is ancient, but my PayPal/Me link is under my birth name, and I'm now married. It seems a bit odd when I tell people to pay me at a URL that doesn't match the name on my paperwork. It's also a bit concerning, fraud-wise, for them to see a different name.

Login to Me Too

Seximexi
Contributor
Contributor

For me personally i would like to change my url name because i selected it when paypal. Me very first come about. At that time i wasnt sure what i was doing with my business and the url name doesnt work for me now that im better established.

Login to Me Too

janellebellard
Contributor
Contributor

I chose my username while I was married to my abusive husband. I don't want to be reminded of that period in my life when I had his last name every time I give my @ for payment, nor do I want to start from scratch for an account I've had since 2004. It's just logical that PayPal would allow us to change our PayPal.me names!

Login to Me Too

Shmexi
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah same its sooo annoying
Login to Me Too

Swhiteface

Hi just needed to change my PaypalMe Link but no there was nothing I could do. I started to google of course but till then 30 mins I wasted navigating through the website. I think add it is worth to add my experience to your feedback to windows geeks working at paypal. I am sure they could add proper info regarding the functionality and possible restrictions before creating the link. No offence, but that is not cool for us users in year 2018. Besides it is just dropping few lines of codes as plugin in system or just creating one link generator is not so hard. 

Login to Me Too

itedup
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Is there a poll? Can we mortals vote also? If so, is there any URL to it?

Login to Me Too

ellsberryt29
New Community Member
how do we vote?! I accidentally typed mine in wrong, not paying attention and now I am too embarrassed to share it. I can’t believe they won’t let us change it. Ugh, Literally just made it an hour ago!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.