Change PayPal.me Url

maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

kidderton

Yet another vote for this. Switched from business to personal use, and am stuck with my old defunct business name. Staggering that such a major tech business would miss such a fundamental use case. 

Login to Me Too

wp6
New Community Member

SORT IT OUT!

Login to Me Too

thewisecarrot
Contributor
Contributor

I too requested this last year. Every other site lets you do this. Business names change all the time. Get with it PayPal please.

Login to Me Too

timbowen

Any update on this yet? My wife setup her name on the account but we want to use an organization name.

Please let us change the URL.

Login to Me Too

annanicholson
New Community Member

I will just add my voice to the many (as yet unheeded) who are calling for PayPal to do something about this. In my case, I have changed my name and no longer wish to retain an association with my former name – but my PayPal.me URL indirectly does this. For the time being, I have disabled it, but it would be good to be able to remove the old URL completely or change it to a new one. (In the meantime, I certainly won’t be using PayPal.me to receive payments.)

Login to Me Too

Gil3x
Contributor
Contributor

1. All customers here сlearly written about the need for this change and gave lots of solid reasonable examples why it is necessary.
2. There is not a single detailed explanation for what specific reasons this has not been done so far.
3. The reasons why customers are ignored are completely incomprehensible.
On behalf of the community and as a customer i demand - to give a solid and detailed explanation for what specific reasons this has not been done so far!

Advice to other customers - please share link to this page wherever its possible, so we can reach 77 pages instead of 7, and draw attention to this frankly and objectivly speaking - defect and highly requested issue, so we can get a clear answer and the necessary changes should be made.

Login to Me Too

thewisecarrot
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously, how do we even need to ask this a feature? 

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526EB
Contributor
Contributor

+1 it is insane that we can't change the link...

Login to Me Too

raddo88

At least give the option for the users that have a link name that doesn't bring nothing alike of the personal/bussiness account name, to be able to choose something that is more recognizable and approached of the account holders name or bussiness. For example i am called Robert <removed> and i have used a pseudonim ( BenCharles88 ) which is clearly not even close to my account name. I have been also reading all the 7 pages since this topic was opened and i agree you should AT LEAST: give ONE TIME changing allowance to all paypal.me existing users, especially since it was not having a sufficient WARNING or DESCRIPTION to be able to aknowledge and choose properly when we have created our paypal.me links. Except from this AT LEAST and OBVIOUSLY very needed and required 1 time change, i have to admit that is weird and unprofessional that this has happened, has also been discused for over a year now, and still nothing changed. P.S. No matter you will give us the option of beeing able to change it whenever we want, or with a time-limit usage (once at a certain time-frame), YOU STILL HAVE TO MODIFY THE DESCRIPTION AND WARNING MESSAGE on the page that you can create the paypal.me link and I REPET, YOU ALSO HAVE TO, AT LEAST GRANT US 1 TIME CHANGE of the existing one, and TRY TO IMPLEMENT THIS CHANGE TO BE MADE MORE OFTEN IF REQUIRED BY CERTAIN USERS. YOU SHOULD ALSO AS A BIG INTERNATIONAL COMPANY, LISTEN AND WORK WITH THE CUSTOMERS THAT BRINGED YOU WHERE YOU ARE TODAY. AS WITH NO CUSTOMERS, YOU ARE JUST A WEB ADDRESS. Thank You.

Login to Me Too

oceanstyle
Contributor
Contributor

I also need to change my Paypal.me URL. I sold the old business and set up a new one. This means the new business owner can't use the existing URL and I can't now set up a new one for my new business. So we are both unhappy.

OK, so if there is no option to change an existing URL, perhaps we can be given the option to set up additional ones?

At least then all of us with one we can no longer use, have a chance to get a new one and disable the old one.

Pretty please.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.