Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi kurbads,

Thanks for posting.

It's only possible to have one PayPal.me link associated with each PayPal account. You can open another PayPal account for a second business but you would need a separate email address and separate financial information to use this.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

DavaGordon
New Community Member
Why exactly is it so hard to introduce the ability to change your PayPal.me link it's a simple matter of removing the record for a single account or updating if already set this is a simple task which could be done in 5 minutes and please don't give me its for security or just create another account because that is simply creating a shed load more work for such a basic task
Login to Me Too

StJohn3D
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Rachael You're a moderator, and your response is to tell us to get a new email account, a new paypal account, and a new bank account! Seriously!?!?!?
Is @PayPal_paula the only one with any sense here? A proper response is that you have sent this issue to the developers as a critical must fix issue because it is costing PayPal money to be supporting a feature that many users (I'm sure several times more than the vocal ones on this forum) are completely unable to use because of this oversight.

Login to Me Too

ChariT
New Community Member

When will this be added?? I used the wrong name and need to change it asap. 

Login to Me Too

bradgroux
New Community Member

Ditto. I changed business names during a conversion - and greatly need to update/change the PayPal.me URL. 

Login to Me Too

ShuckaHucks
Contributor
Contributor
I did the same thing, upgraded to business account after having set up as a personal account a year ago. Now I have my personal name and would rather have my business name. Please make this available for people who upgrade their accounts.
Login to Me Too

Please add me to the list of folks who entered their personal "name" instead of business name. I would really like to be able to fix the issue. 

Login to Me Too

Nezahual
Contributor
Contributor

Another one needing this feature, it seems like PayPal doesn't hear the community, so what is this forum for? 

Login to Me Too

Goodhandd
New Community Member
+1 for this. I was just experimenting and I didn't realise I'd be stuck with the URL for eternity... Not a feature to do this. It's a necessity because I entered a URL that I never intended using and not something I'm going to hand out so PayPal.me is now something I can't use.
Login to Me Too

Phoebe_
Totally agreed that we should be able to change it. I've made the same mistake of misspelling my stillborn sons fundasier name page on the PayPal.me, so won't be using that now. I can't see how hard it is to change the URL name. 😒
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.