Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

CoachSuz
New Community Member

Hi David -- I checked out the FAQs and found this:

How many links can I have for PayPal.Me?

You may have only one active PayPal.Me link per PayPal account.

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

So I deactivated my existing link by hiding it (can't see how else to do it). Then I went back to paypal.me to see if I could set up a new one -- I was greeted with a page that said I already had a link.

Can you please provide specific directions on how to deactivate a link and then create a new one without having to create an entirely new account?

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Jennifer8
Contributor
Contributor

Methinks you are talking out your **bleep** David.. +1, cannot believe this is even an issue.

I'm in the opposite boat of wanting to use it for a wedding and not wanting to use the (hobby) business name I used for a brief stint a few years ago.

Login to Me Too

StacyRK
New Community Member

I am dealing with this now too,

Just changed my name due to divorce and changed my PayPal account but there is no way to change the Paypal.me?!?!

Its 2017 for gods sake.  This should be simple.  There should be no reason editing your paypal.me URL is impossible as the Paypal lazy idiots say it is.

AND there should be BOLD writing explaining to people that when they create their URL, that it is permenant and can never be changed.  Again, stupid.

Login to Me Too

kkreed527
Contributor
Contributor

Not True. How can you be the moderator, and not know this? You need to check the FAQs yourself. We are prevented!

Login to Me Too

StJohn3D
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_david I wish I could thumbs down this unhelpful answer. As a moderator, it's shameful that you're giving out wrong information like this. To be clear, if someone ALREADY created a paypal.me link, and tries to create a new one using the method you shared, they will be met with this message:

You’ve already got your link!
     It’s PayPal.Me/<yourSillyLinkYouReallyWishYouCouldChange> and you can share it anytime to get paid fast.
The only true way to create a new .me url at this time, is to create a new paypal account. That, is the issue here.
Login to Me Too

CoachSuz
New Community Member

I completely agree! I set up the link as part of my wedding so folks could gift us money. It has my finance's name in it. I just assumed there was an ability to set up multiple links in 2016. Come on! In absence of that I expect a way to edit the existing link.

I am building a business and when I upgrade to my business account I'm going to be stuck with my name and my fiance's name. That's so unprofessional and enough for me to investigate using another payment service. 

Please -- get this fixed. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

odigity
New Community Member

I also would like to be able to change my PayPal.me link.  This seems like an obvious must-have.

Login to Me Too

atw13
Contributor
Contributor

+1 for this feature or at least a clear way to disable an old link and create a new one. In haste I chose a link name suited for a particular collection I was taking up, and it is now useless. Yes, shame on me for not reading carefully, but let people fix mistakes. Otherwise I simply cannot use the feature.

Login to Me Too

Windyman55
Contributor
Contributor

i ALSO NEED TO CHANGE MY URL. I thought I was adding into the comment box but in fact had changed the url. This is silly why can't it be done?

Login to Me Too

Par-Johan
Contributor
Contributor

+1   PLEASE fix this issue NOW PayPal!!!  It's long overdue!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.