Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

shelly49
Contributor
Contributor

I am absolutely LIVID. I accumulated cash back of $42.24 on the Backit (ePN) app and decided to cash out and withdraw the funds to my PayPal. It asked for my PayPal.me link, so I put in <removed> thinking that was it. When I went in to my PP account, it turns out I had NOT set my PayPal.me link up yet, so I set it to <removed>, my full name. I went back to Backit (ePN) to put this link in and it showed the withdrawal was already on hold to the <removed> link. I called and explained that that link doesn’t exist because I didn’t set it up. They told me it DOES exist, but goes to a different user, also named Sheila with a different last name (which I’m leaving out here). I clicked on it, and sure enough, it does, so someone else now has my $42.24 I worked hard for a LONG time to build up. Neither Backit (ePN) or PayPal say they can help me because it already went through. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND this. I have the person’s full name and email after sending them $.01 and explaining the whole thing 

Login to Me Too

shelly49
Contributor
Contributor

Continued

I'm told that there is nothing I can do to get my money that this person now STOLE by claiming it because it now says COMPLETED. I emailed them and explained and asked if they could kindly return the money they KNOW is NOT theirs, but I’ve had no response. I needed this money to get my son’s medication because his insurance was terminated (that’s a whole other fiasco). I’m a single mom on disability and that money is GONE. This is NOT OK. I don’t understand why they can’t reverse the transaction because it was clearly an error and the money belongs to ME, not her. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shelly49 

Paypal can't dip into someones account and help themselves to funds because you say it was sent in error.

If it was sent as a friends/family payment then you sent a ''gift'' of money to someone and legally paypal cannot do anything about your error.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shelly49
Contributor
Contributor

I don’t think you’re understanding correctly. I didn’t send a payment to anyone, I was trying to transfer MY OWN CASHBACK rewards that I had earned through the Backit (ePN) app to MY OWN bank account through PayPal. When I put in what I THOUGHT was MY PayPal.me link, it was actually registered to someone else and MY MONEY was sent to THEM instead

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shelly49 

Sadly the answer is the same, you still transfered funds to someone by accident using the friends/family paypal.me link.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

neurotechnics
New Community Member

+1 for this...

I accidentally put in my personal name and linked it to my business account.... FAIL

Now I can't change it.

Login to Me Too

TM2
New Community Member

Same case.

The rigid set up is very unsophisticated.

Software engineers, please take note!

Login to Me Too

kandyraine
New Community Member

Yes please! I just decided to change the name of my small business. I was able to change it on PayPal, but not on PayPal.me - Why isn't this possible? Seems ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

LongtimeMember
Contributor
Contributor

Call tech support, we're sure that they can help you with this error.

Login to Me Too

EvieD
Contributor
Contributor
No.. they do not.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.