Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_david

Hey Maffhew,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but this isn't a possibility at the moment. It may become an options for customers at some point in future but it's not currently an available feature on the PayPal.me service at this time.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the relevant teams. If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, you know where to find us.

David.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376
Solved

PayPal_david

Hey Maffhew,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but this isn't a possibility at the moment. It may become an options for customers at some point in future but it's not currently an available feature on the PayPal.me service at this time.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the relevant teams. If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, you know where to find us.

David.

Login to Me Too

Brittonandjen
Contributor
Contributor

I also put in a Vote to be able to change the URL in the future as I would like to change to another name

Login to Me Too

LongtimeMember
Contributor
Contributor

What purpose would the uRL name change have?  but in any event yo could try a online link renaming tool like Bit_ly to creat a custom URL link.  We fime the customization of the payment portal that the customers sees once they click the lnk is quite effective.

Login to Me Too

fcmapglead
New Community Member

There are multiple reasons someone might want to change the url. In our case, our school parent guild didn't realize the name was permanat. We picked one for one fundraiser and now we are stuck with it. Ugh. Also, it would be nice to be able to make a new one for each event we hold. 

Login to Me Too

jfilipowski
New Community Member
I did the same thing. Wanted to use it to raise money for a fundraiser that I was managing funds for and now am stuck with something "professional" for my personal account
Login to Me Too

CoffeeCo
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.  I chose a named that's leads to a now dead website.   Unfortuantely It seems paypal doesn't care because after all the inquirys, comments and questions they haven't done a thing to change it.

Login to Me Too

d4daniel
Contributor
Contributor

Agree.  If PayPal.Me wants to compete with other payment services, please let users change name or add sub-names.  

1. Business users need matching names for domain, eBay, and PayPal.Me; so customers won't pay the wrong business.  
  2. Non-profit and personal users need sub-names or tags to separate events.  For example, ABCschool-2019walkathon.  
Login to Me Too

RoanstreesRock
Contributor
Contributor
I used mine for a scout fundraiser which is now finished and would like to rename it for my own use
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.