Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

Pandam
Contributor
Contributor

I hope that it will one day be possible to change the URL. Even if there is a time limiter on it to prevent excessive changes, such as one change per 3/6/12 months. I didn't realise it was permanent and just used my username, but now (with covid) I am working online and my link doesn't match my business name. Furthermore I can't just create another account due to an issue with my debit card, and I am stuck in a remote area overseas so there's no way to solve the issue with my bank.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pandam 

You are posting in the middle of an old thread.

You can't automatically change a paypal.me address however if you contact customer services they will change it for you as that is now an option.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SAC001
Contributor
Contributor

I'd also like this to be implemened. My Signifigant other assumed she was logged in and created a paypal.me link associated to her beauty blog and now I'm stuck with it. I spent 5 hours on the phone with PayPal support and was told they have no method of changing or simply removing it.

I find this hard to believe as a System Technician that a user generated variable can't be located and removed in 2016.

Looking forward to the easy update that fixes this oversight.  

Login to Me Too

LongtimeMember
Contributor
Contributor

Likewise from one in IT field as well.  that dose sould really rediculous.

Login to Me Too

Chip_V
New Community Member

+1 Very important feature. I just don't belive it's hard to implement. PayPal is just lazy and don't want to hear the community 😞

Login to Me Too

twosassi

So we still cannot change our name at the end of our paypal me url?? I see it has been a year when this was first posted...

Login to Me Too

total_madness
New Community Member

+1

I still need this feature after a silly mistake.

At least give users the chance to change it once a year or something similar.

Login to Me Too

acmc
Contributor
Contributor

We want this feature!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again everyone.

There is nothing preventing you from creating a new PayPal.me and then disabling your previous one. If you do this, you can inform your buyers of your new name and they will be able to pay using the new link.

You can find more information in the FAQ's page here https://www.paypal.me/pages/faqs

David.

Login to Me Too

Pixeler
Contributor
Contributor

This still is not the case. For example I had to open another account as I live in another country now and I want to keep my old PayPal.me link with my new account. Unfortunately I can't change the old one nor even remove the old one.

This feature is really needed. Just creating new one doesn't cut it in every case. What am I supposed to do now? Create username-2 links?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.