Cash back for online purchases?

Bealzafuzz
Contributor
Contributor

I have a rewards business debit Mastercard. 

In order to receive cash back do I need to use the credit card option with the online vendor or the simpler paypal express?

I spend a lot of online money. The oneclick is easier but am I losing my cash back reward on these transactions?

Should I always pay with the Mastercard debit?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Bealzafuzz

To receive your monthly cash back bonus you will need to activate the feature in the manage card settings if you haven't already.

Online purchases are processed with the card number by Mastercard so they should qualify for cash back.

When you use your debit card at stores, select credit. Only credit transactions will receive cash back. There is no cash back for debit/pin transactions. There will be times when businesses will run the card as a pin less debit transaction and you wont receive cash back. There is nothing you will be able to do about some businesses charging the card as a pin less debit transaction, this is how the businesses merchant account processes EMV debit cards.

In your PayPal account activity in the Business card tab you'll see each debit card purchase as either a Debit card signature purchase (these will be cash back transactions) or Debit card PIN purchase.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Bealzafuzz

To receive your monthly cash back bonus you will need to activate the feature in the manage card settings if you haven't already.

Online purchases are processed with the card number by Mastercard so they should qualify for cash back.

When you use your debit card at stores, select credit. Only credit transactions will receive cash back. There is no cash back for debit/pin transactions. There will be times when businesses will run the card as a pin less debit transaction and you wont receive cash back. There is nothing you will be able to do about some businesses charging the card as a pin less debit transaction, this is how the businesses merchant account processes EMV debit cards.

In your PayPal account activity in the Business card tab you'll see each debit card purchase as either a Debit card signature purchase (these will be cash back transactions) or Debit card PIN purchase.

Login to Me Too

Bealzafuzz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you I get it now.

I feeling kinda **bleep** on the issue. That clears it up!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.