Cannot move money from PayPal to PayPal Prepaid

feliciamr89
Contributor
Contributor

For three days I have been trying to transfer money I have in my PayPal account to my PayPal Prepaid Mastercard that is connected.  I was able to send $100 one day, but then a few days later when I treid to send $300 it won't work.  No amount will work.  I keep getting a message that says, "Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.  If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."  When I call they tell me to wait a while and try again, but it's going on three days now and it still will not work.  When I log into my prepaid card it reads:  Transfer money instantly from your PayPal Account ($300.00) to your PayPal Prepaid Mastercard ($5.35).  Then it shows PayPal Account balance: $300.00, but for whatever reason it won't let me get to it.  I'm very frustrated that I cannot get an answer or a resolution.  

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Temp20201223e
Contributor
Contributor
No back accounts except what my PayPal card is attached to.
Login to Me Too

riften22
Contributor
Contributor
WTF Im having that same problem
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced when attempting to transfer funds to your PayPal Prepaid MasterCards. For additional assistance, I recommend reaching out to our teams directly by clicking on 'contact us' at the bottom of any PayPal page or on Twitter or Facebook so that we can continue to help.

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This forum is full of Paypal members having problem with their Paypal prepaid debit card,both parties blame netspend,theyneverblame themselves you know.

Ditto with their Paypal business debit card,it works and it does not work.

wht brag doing business in 205 countries and dealing in 25 currencise when they cant fix the problem at home/

BTW,I heard you can link Walmart prepaid debit card,cost is 3.95 a month,I dont know if it is any better.

or get a bank account,the cost maybe the same. 

Login to Me Too

Easy Fix!!!! Follow Directions and you will be able to transfer your money within 10 Minutes.

1. Sign In to Your Paypal Account.

2. Click On Summary (upper left hand corner)

3. Click on Seller Preferences

4. Click on API access  Manage API credentials to integrate my PayPal account with my online store or shopping cart.

5. Click on Update and Remove Paypal Prepaid

6. Go to Paypal Prepaid

7. Click On - Get Online Access

8. Put In all information

9. Connect Account to Paypal

10. Go Through all the steps

11. Accept Terms and Conditions

12. Transfer Money

Login to Me Too

iluvu
New Community Member

The above poster knows their ish. For days couldn't instant transfer with PP CS being no help then did the above step by step and boom transferred $290 **bleep** it PayPal.

Login to Me Too

sixhundrdgrnd
New Community Member

This worked for me too! was having same issue. Tried step by step and was able to transfer. Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @sixhundrdgrnd, thank you for the update and I am glad it worked for you. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Jbone2005
I know how to fix this. Make sure you use either your phone in desktop site mode or a desktop PC/laptop. From your profile on paypal.com, on the bottom left hand side of the SUMMARY page, click on Seller Tools, go into API Access settings and remove the PayPal prepaid API link. Go back to SUMMARY page. Then go to your main settings page of your profile, click on Payments, go into Pre-approved payments and remove the PayPal Prepaid. Then log into paypal-prepaid.com and relink your account and all should be well again. Sorry for the shorthand, this might not be Verbatim link by link but should be close enough to get you guys rockin' again.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Jbone2005 wrote:
I know how to fix this. Make sure you use either your phone in desktop site mode or a desktop PC/laptop. From your profile on paypal.com, on the bottom left hand side of the SUMMARY page, click on Seller Tools, go into API Access settings and remove the PayPal prepaid API link. Go back to SUMMARY page. Then go to your main settings page of your profile, click on Payments, go into Pre-approved payments and remove the PayPal Prepaid. Then log into paypal-prepaid.com and relink your account and all should be well again. Sorry for the shorthand, this might not be Verbatim link by link but should be close enough to get you guys rockin' again.

this is awful,why not use a Paypal business debit card and it taps your paypal fund.

you can go to ATM and get cash or use it to buy stuff.

and it is free,no monthly fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.