Cancelling the order and getting refund

PURNOOR
New Community Member

I bought some stuff from a seller I saw on facebook and the seller was out of country and would have taken long to deliver the item (this i didnit realise when placing order). With in an hour of placing the order, I emailed seller to cancel the order and explained the reason for cancellation. The seller emailed me back 2 days later advising 'sorry for the delay, your item will be dispatched with next 2 days and will take upto 21 days to get delivered'. I emailed the seller again that I do not need the item as I found the same product locally and it has already been delivered. But the seller still dispatched the product and kept advising not to cancel the order. Then I emailed the seller that I will lodge a complain with Paypal, still seller is adamant on dispatching the item and asked me to withdraw my complain with paypal. I have written to paypal few times and they are advising me to contact them if the item is faulty or not as per specifications. I am not sure where I am going wrong? Either I am not able communicate properly or I am being ignored.

Please advice what should I do with this seller and where to go for help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @PURNOOR

I hope you're doing well! Apologies for delayed response. 

PayPal Purchase Protection is only effective for Item not received, significantly not as described or unauthorized transaction. We cannot file a case against seller as remorse is not applicable for the protection we offer. Only sellers can cancel an order and process a refund. However, one thing that you can do since we cannot file it as of this time, you can refuse delivery once shipping company will deliver the item in your address. Once item is refused and returned to the merchant then we can go ahead and dispute it here in PayPal since technically you did not receive it. Hope this helps! Stay safe! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.