Can the buyer scamm me?

Serifu
New Community Member

So I have just sold a belt on instagram(i have posted it on a resell page, and the buyer messaged me that he wants to buy the belt),he send me the money through paypal(not with friends and family,with the shipping adress)and i have cashed them out through my debit card.After he recives my item,can he issue a refund for the reasons that the belt wasn't as presented or wasn't legit(the belt is legit and is as shown in the instagram photos)?What if paypal approves his refund,where do they take the refund money from(my paypal balance is currently 0.40$),can they take it dirrectly from my debit card?How can i get my belt or my money back if paypal aproves his refund?He has no evidence of buying something with the money that he sent me,just the instagram messages,but neither do i(i didn't take a photo of the tracking number when i sent him the belt through the delivery company). Can he get a refund? And how do i get my belt or money back if he does get the refund?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Serifu 

That depends on MANY factors all listed in Paypals seller protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement (select your country) > seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.