Can the PayPal.me URL be modified to pre-fill the "Note" field?

CBPP
Contributor
Contributor

I like the simplicity of the paypal.me url, however when people complete the transaction from the link, they often overlook the "Note" field, often leading to confusion about who sent the funds and why. When sending the link if I could just add some coding to the end of the link I think this would be a huge improvement. Venmo forces a reason, even if it is stupid or not relevant.

If I could write: [PayPal.Me/xxxxxx/350#beachfrontpptyinAZ]  (or whatever the relevant code is) that would be awesome.  Does such a code exist? If not would PayPal be so kind as to promptly put that feature into existence? 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Mossj32
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat as well. I'd like to know how to do this.

Login to Me Too

mnehlig
New Community Member

did anyone ever find an answer to this. It would be very helpful.

Login to Me Too

sqproductions
New Community Member

Yes.  The url should be paypal.me/yourusername/amount

for example "paypal.me/user/50"  this will bring up a payment form with $50 already typed into the amount field. 

Login to Me Too

CBPP
Contributor
Contributor
**NOTE FIELD** Perhaps it isn't clear from the question, but the text of the question already shows we know how to pre-fill the **AMOUNT FIELD**. This question was very specific to the **NOTE FIELD**. Sometimes I wonder if PayPal gives credibility points to users who just respond to questions regardless of if their responses are relevant. But unnecessary answers detract from the usefulness of these forums and may give the appearance that the OP has been sufficiently answered....which it very much has not.
Login to Me Too

julie0273
Contributor
Contributor

how do you go about changing the link?  I can't figure that out so I can add the amount to the link.

Login to Me Too

Anil-Suthar
New Community Member

Yes you can..
To pre-fill amount, use > paypal.me/YOURNAME/{amount}
This will pre-fill your profile with {amount}

If you want to pre-select Currency, use > paypal.me/YOURNAME/{amount}{currency}
For example, paypal.me/YOURNAME/50INR
This will pre-fill your profile with {amount} = 50 and currency will be selected to INR

Login to Me Too

CBPP
Contributor
Contributor
As per my response to the prior responder, this is not an answer to the original question. Please don't answer "Yes you can." Then provide information that does not answer the question. How does that help?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @CBPP

That's a great question! 

The feature you're referring to isn't an option. We appreciate the feedback. You can provide feedback by scrolling to the bottom of any page on our site, selecting the Feedback link, and providing feedback. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.