Can't add PayPal Cashback Mastercard to Android Pay

notofthisworld
Contributor
Contributor

When I try I get an error message saying "This card can't be added to Android Pay". This is weird, because 'PayPal Mastercard' by Synchrony is on the official list of supported cards: https://support.google.com/androidpay/answer/7351835?hl=en&ref_topic=7351519&fl=0

Has anyone else had this problem? I called customer service and after an aggravatingly long and slow conversation their conclusion was "wait a few days and then try again *shrug*". I have a feeling that's not going to do the trick.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14
Solved

generalh
Contributor
Contributor
It's 9:11pm PST on 5/16/18 and just for the helluvit, I attempted to add my PayPal cash back MasterCard again and it worked! No joke! Everyone, please give it a try even if Google Pay says it's not supported.
Login to Me Too

skibumtim
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks generalh!!!! Worked for me to! I sure appreciate Google or PayPal or whoever sent me the email notifying me of your post too so I could give it a try also. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

immerzl
Contributor
Contributor
I can confirm it works. I just tried it and it is now added. It keeps surprising me but have no complaints.
Login to Me Too

rcc0002
Contributor
Contributor
It works for me as well! In USA.
Login to Me Too

JoelChristophel
Contributor
Contributor

Who would've guessed? Turns out "supported" and "unsupported" mean the opposite from what one would expect.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.