Can't access PayPal Extras MasterCard through PayPal account

DjangosBooks
Contributor
Contributor

Last week PayPal or Synchrony Bank (or nefarious hackers?) unlinked my PayPal Extras MasterCard from my PayPal account. So, I cannot access the card account information, make a payment through PayPal, or use the card for eBay transactions (which I do a lot of). I have been on the phone repeatedly with both companies, and have been told after a lot of waiting and transferring of my call to different departments that within three to four business days the card will be relinked. Day three and still waiting.

I am planning to pay off the card and cancel the account. Even though I have generally had good service with Synchrony, this is not good. I called to have paper statements mailed to me, so that I can at least see my transactions in front of me. Well, it is a good thing -- when it works.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

aerolaze
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, did you ever get this issue resolved? I've been having the same issue for weeks now and they keep saying that they are working on it but nothing ever gets done. I want to pay off my balance and cancel soon too but I also have some cash back saved up that they are telling me I can only redeem online, which obviously I can't. Would love to hear what you ended up doing. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

SPQRBob
New Community Member

I also can't seem to access my credit card no matter what I try on this website.  I would expect that if it was happening to every cardholder, it would be all over the internet, so it must only affect a small percentage of card members.  That being said, I don't know what to do about it, but if PayPal wants to make any money off of me by way of charging interest on my purchases, I'm gonna need to be able to see my statements.  I'm kinda weird that way, I dunno.  Call me a freak, but it is what it is.

All joking aside, can anyone help me reach my PayPal Mastercard online?  I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much!  

@support@customer Service

Login to Me Too

aerolaze
Contributor
Contributor
It’s been over a year now and still was never resolved for me, I just gave up at this point and stopped using the card. Terrible customer service and card all around
Login to Me Too

vlb1238
New Community Member
I just came across this blog, and to say I'm furious is putting it mildly. I now finally realize what happened. I have an old PP account in paying off and my PP Extras MasterCard. One due on the 7th, the other on the 17th. Every month, without even thinking about it, I would schedule both. Out of the blue in 12/2020, I got an e-mail (I think) that I was late paying the extras MC. I knew that couldn't be. Went to my PP account and my extras MC was MIA! I was able to locate on the Synchrony website. It said to pay double the amount on 1/17, no biggie. So that's what I did, and scheduled the double payment, even got a confirmation number. Since then, I have been hounded by Synchrony Collections. I've told them what I did, which is like talking to a rock. So I've been anxiously awaiting for the 17th, and guess what??? They haven't cashed it! And I know their games, they're not going to cash it, they're going to tell me the confirmation # isn't correct and charge me for 2 months of late charges. And you know why??? BECAUSE THEY CAN. I'm just a little person, who by the way paid on time every month, and they're a BIG company with lots of money. I can't find any website that will allow me to get to my account to find my payment, confirmation#, nothing. At this point I have absolutely no recourse. This is more than disappointing. I plan on closing this card, as well as my pay pal account. One more company to lump together with big tech.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.