Can Paypal or Paypal Mastercard be used to pay for something by scanning from your cell/ mobile?

themidasclick
Contributor
Contributor

As it seems you can't tie the Paypal Mastercard to Apple Pay and bizarely Paypal  have no equivalent of Apple Pay , I can't work out how I can go into a store and from my phone pay for something either with my PP account or my PP Mastercard.

This seems crazy, the scale of Paypal but they can't offer me something my bog standard visa can .

Is there anyway around this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skparrett4107
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal offered $10 back on my account (for a limited time) if I paid with Scan and Pay at a retailer.  I downloaded the app.  I have yet to find a retailer that either has a QR code to scan to pay or that can scan my QR code to complete my transaction.  Is there a list of retailers who accept Scan and Pay?

Login to Me Too

themidasclick
Contributor
Contributor

Yes same issue, the new app has "scan and pay" but nobody has it.

How the heck has paypal not managed to integrate into apple play like every other dam card?

Login to Me Too

Temp20201118
Contributor
Contributor

What is worse is that Apple Pay WAS supported with the PayPal business debit MasterCard (which takes money from your PayPal account), I used it all the time, but when my card expired this year, the new one they sent me I can’t add to my Apple wallet for Apple Pay! In contacting support they said that Apple Pay support was always temporary!? Yet they have since added support for google, Samsung and even Fitbit Pay which I didn’t know existed!

We need to tell PayPal to support Apple Pay or we’re dropping them!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.