Can I edit buyers address where they made an error?

Bigdeals4u
New Community Member

My buyer list Puerto Rico as her country instead of USA or US territory....this prevents me from shipping, can I edit the country to USA which is correct as PR is domestic shipping?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bigdeals4u 

No, unfortunately.

Ugh, I annoying when something like happens because I suggest refunding and have buyer resend and PayPal don't refund fees, at least the variable rate portion of the fee (2.9%) per the May 7th PayPal policy update. It's shipping somewhere within the US, right?

So two options depending on how much money is at stake and whether you care or not this person'll pull a fast one when you did them a favor, however you want to play it:

1) If its shipped within the fifty states, you can use PayPal.com/shipnow and add her address without Puerto Rico and then add the tracking number into the original transaction and hope she don't dispute claiming of Item Not Received because she entered PR in the address.

Or

2) Issue a refund and ask them to resend payment with correct shipping address so you have seller protection. It's up to you if you want to deduct the PayPal fee and inform the customer of this. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bigdeals4u 

No, unfortunately.

Ugh, I annoying when something like happens because I suggest refunding and have buyer resend and PayPal don't refund fees, at least the variable rate portion of the fee (2.9%) per the May 7th PayPal policy update. It's shipping somewhere within the US, right?

So two options depending on how much money is at stake and whether you care or not this person'll pull a fast one when you did them a favor, however you want to play it:

1) If its shipped within the fifty states, you can use PayPal.com/shipnow and add her address without Puerto Rico and then add the tracking number into the original transaction and hope she don't dispute claiming of Item Not Received because she entered PR in the address.

Or

2) Issue a refund and ask them to resend payment with correct shipping address so you have seller protection. It's up to you if you want to deduct the PayPal fee and inform the customer of this. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.