Can I Change My Legal Name When Seeking Donations Via The PayPal.me Link?

Stromos
Contributor
Contributor

In regards to the PayPal.me link. If you click on the link, people can see my legal name, and I don't want people to see my legal name when seeking donations from various websites.

Can I simple change my legal name to another name under account - profile - update? Will changing my name here affect my buying and selling on eBay, and other websites?

If I were to give myself another name, will that be permanent? I ask this because I made the mistake of wrongly creating my PayPal.me URL which is now permanent. Here you can read what I wrote about that below.

I'm so angry right now! Because I wasn't sure how the PayPal.me works, and thinking this link would link me up to the website where I was hoping to receive donations for my uploaded video, so I typed in Brighteoncom, and now it's permanent. Wow! That is so freaking ridiculous when considering their was no warning, no nothing to indicate that what I was about to do would be made permanent.

PayPal, in order to fix this problem, am I now required to transfer all my money back into my Commonwealth savings account, then delete my PayPal account, then register for a new account? Will that fix the problem?

Or can I simply disable this PayPal URL link, then register for a secondary PayPal account to receive donations?

It's absolutely appalling to see that people were complaining about this problem back in 2015. Now 5 years later, and I see there are over 33 pages of angry people here in the PayPal Community who are still complaining over the same thing. Yet after all that's been said and done, PayPal still has done absolutely nothing to fix the problem. Pfft!

That kind of attitude has taught me a very powerful lesson. Now I can see that PayPal doesn't give a damn about it's customers!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.