CSV Activity Reports & Business Debit Card - Major Reconciliation Issue

PSUK
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

We've got a massive issue with the new PayPal Business Debit Card and the Activity CSV exports.

For some odd reason, none of the transaction details are being provided, this means that importing the transactions in to our accounting software is near impossible for reconciliation reasons. All the CSV export shows is "PayPal Inc." as the payee and a description of "Website Payment" when on PayPal it clearly shows as "Payment to AMZNMktplace"

Will this be fixed?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

biggerfish
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly this problem, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. This has been going on a few months, and no reply from anybody at PP about it.

PP Business Debit Card Purchases have Vendor names that read <removed> where they used to have the actual name of the Vendor. This is a giant pain. 

Login to Me Too

biggerfish
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal Comm Admins: editing my message isn't helpful 

All of the vendor names in my reports are replaced with generic email address, which I posted. It would be helpful if you let that be displayed so others can find it searching for a similar issue. 

The address contains the word bancorp offline token mc paypal maybe that will help someone in the future. 

Login to Me Too

PSUK
Contributor
Contributor

We've given up with this card, we repeatedly told the team about this being a major issue but it fell on deaf ears and told its a new product and watch this space. In addition, they claim the card will automatically top-up in the event of the GBP balance not being available, but was told over the phone actually there is a limit on this and should only be used in emergencies, a limit we've since exceeded it seems. All in all, it's a shame, it could have worked out very well with the cashback element, but for the minor amount we're getting, and the fact second card support remains unavailable, too much hassle.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.