Buying Chinese tat

jcw13
New Community Member

I have been stung by a Chinese website which showed photos that turn out to be copied from another website and what they actually sent bears no relation to it. I opened a dispute with Paypal and was offered a partial refund which I refused as I really did not want the object that I received. Paypal then decided in my favour and I was offered a full refund. BUT I have to pay to return it, and sure enough it costs more than half of what I paid for it to send it back. This means I would have been better off accepting the discount that was offered but it seems like there is no way to go back to that now. Even worse they have given me 8 days and there is no way it will reach China within this time so maybe they would close the case before I get anything and I would have spent even more on rubbish. I used PayPal because I thought it offered security, but I would have been better off using just a credit or debit card as they apparently do cover goods that turn out to be very different from what ordered.

Why do PayPal support such websites? Does anyone know whether there is a way to go back to the previous offer? I can find no way to communicate with PayPal over this other than the fixed dispute forms and I cannot submit this now without a tracking number.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.