Business debit card

123sand
Contributor
Contributor
Just received my business debit MasterCard but a little confused. I have the old PayPal access card. Does this replace that card? Not really sure what the point is of the card when you can use a normal debit card! It says you don’t have to have a PayPal balance but have a funding source set up. Am I missing something ?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@123sand 

Your bank debit card does not have direct access to your PayPal balance funds without having to do a withdraw first like the PayPal business debit card would. You can pay with the PP business debit card and the funds will come out of your PayPal balance or withdraw PayPal balance funds at an ATM (if that feature is available to you). Adding a back up funding source to the PayPal business debit card is just that, a back up, you can't lean on the back up source long term or the PayPal business debit card will decline on you intermittently so you must try to carry a PayPal balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.