Believe Someone is trying to scam me on a vehicle sale

Amadden16
New Community Member
To make a long story short I Found a vehicle in my area on Craigslist that was an amazing deal. The seller giving me a phone number with my local area code, I contacted and they responded from a different number with an out of state area code. They went on to say they moved due to losing their husband and the vehicle was to painful to look at. They then said they were using eBay motors to sale this vehicle and I was emailed an invoice from what claimed to be eBay but asked me to go purchase 8 $200 eBay cash cards from participating locations to then purchase through eBay motors or what the email claiming to be eBay motors web address to be. This sounds very much like a scam. How would I look up the invoice number they sent me to see if this is legitimate? Anyone with any suggestions or anyway to help please respond to this. I would so greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amadden16 

Scam. Gift cards should not be involved at all if none is being sold in the transaction. Best to keep it right along moving. Nothing to see there. Could be some fake listing as bait for a victim.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Amadden16
New Community Member
That’s what I thought thank you for confirming what I already thought to be true. Damn scam artists taking advantage of people during times like these when a majority of us are struggling financially.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.