Applying for a prepaid mastercard yet it says "We can't update your account"?

AllieTheWerido
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to apply for the prepaid master card yet every time it gives me this error of :
"We can't update your account
We're unable to make the requested updates to your account. You're still able to use your PayPal account to shop, send money, and get paid."

I don't know what this means. I know my account isn't limited... I did however make the mistake of getting the business card thinking it was the only card like I did on a previous account and I did call an agent about it. She told me it can function like a regular card but I don't want to take the risk if there is one. So is it because I need to just report the card as lost? I just wanted to get the regular personal account card but I don't understand... Forgive I'm so new to pay pal's debit card system.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@AllieTheWerido

Are you trying to apply for the PayPal Prepaid debit card or the PayPal Cash debit card? It will say which card it is on the front of the card.

The PayPal Business debit card is able to use a linked checking account as the backup funding option in case of a zero PayPal Balance. The Business debit card also pays a monthly cashback bonus of one percent on signature/non pin purchases. The other two PayPal debit cards don't offer these benefits.

The one percent cashback may not seem like much, but over time, your cashback bonuses can turn into a lot of money.

Login to Me Too

mclgreenville
New Community Member

same problem. I simply want a card linked to my PP balance to better track spending and selling on ebay.  The paypal cash seems to be the simplest way to start this process.  But, I get the dang error message.  50 min waiting for paypal support and nothing !  

What is the deal? I forms of identification have been submitted .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.