Anyone use PayPal cashback business debit card to pay HMRC VAT?

XI
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I'm trying to pay VAT with the PayPal Business debit card, but like eBay it seems PayPal block HMRC payments too as payment won't go through. Says 'Barclaycard Session Expired - Unable to process your payment'.

Anyone successfully been able to make VAT payment with this card?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XI 

The debit card draws from your PayPal balance so there is no need to use the card itself on eBay if you have your PayPal account linked.

On the HMRC site, they accept debit cards so not sure why its not working but if you’re unable to pay your VAT bill by card, you should use another payment method like a bank transfer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

XI
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but you've missed the point of wanting to use the business card to receive cashback, which I would not get by using PayPal balance directly for ebay, or bank transfer for HMRC.

Interested to hear from those with this business card and if you've been successful with making VAT payment?

Login to Me Too

AJMC
New Community Member

We're having the same issue, unable to pay our PAYE bill on HMRC with our Paypal Debit Card.

Same message from Barclaycard saying the session has expired

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.