Any advantage to using a PayPal Business account over a PayPal Personal account (for eBay selling)?

zackxoxo
Contributor
Contributor

Discovered there's such a thing as PayPal Business today and I'm wondering if it offers any advantages to someone such as myself.

s/o and I resell/flip on eBay and have recently begun ramping up our business. (Yes, we report on our taxes and all that, gotta keep the taxman happy.)

As far as I can see, a PayPal Business account is free. Our personal PayPal works just fine for us now, though. We already get payments immediately, don't get holds, etc. etc... Wondering if there's any advantages I'm not realizing here.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zackxoxo 

You only need a business account if you are a registered business / high volume seller or paypal requests that you upgrade at some point.

Check the link for the differences.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-difference-between-personal-and-business-acc...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

zackxoxo
Contributor
Contributor

Discovered there's such a thing as PayPal Business today and I'm wondering if it offers any advantages to someone such as myself. s/o and I resell/flip on eBay and have recently begun ramping up our business. (Yes, we report on our taxes and all that, gotta keep the taxman happy.) As far as I can see, a PayPal Business account is free. Our personal PayPal works just fine for us now, though. We already get payments immediately, don't get holds, etc. etc... Wondering if there's any advantages I'm not realizing here. issue got solved!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.