cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 payment plan issue

Contributor

4 payment plan issue

Hello, hoping someone can give me some insight. I was trying to purchase thought bestbuy.com and was able to chose PayPal as an option. When I went to my PayPal sight it also gave me an option to pay in 4 installments, which I chose. I went through the process chose the payment and it redirected me back to the Best Buy website. When I went to place order there was an error that I still needed to enter in my payment information, so me being me I thought I did something wrong and went though the same process and again once I chose the installments and went through that processed it redirected me to Best Buy, I was unable to place order so I checked my PayPal and now it shows I have been charged twice, with no order actually being placed. I checked my bank account and was definitely charged, i never got an email confirmation stating my order was placed, I called Best Buy and had them check to see if there was an order placed and nothing. So now I’ve been charged twice, on a installment plan where I’m supposed to be charged again in 2 weeks with no order actually being placed. Has this happened to anyone else.? Please help! I can’t get though to PayPal at all.
4 REPLIES 4
Contributor

Re: 4 payment plan issue

Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm having this exact problem except that I haven't tried to order again. Money was instantly taken from my bank account for 4 payments, but I got no order confirmation from Best Buy or any email from paypal that a payment was issued. There's no record of the order on Best Buy's website either so I have no order numbers or anything to go off of. This is insane lol.

Contributor

Unfortunately no, I didn’t get a resolution. I ended up paying full price through the website. I even tried it on Walmart.com and Apple.com and went through the same issue like 3-4 times, They took the partial payment but the actual merchant never took the money, and my order was never complete. I spent like 4 hours talking back and forth talking to PayPal, and best buy and even apple. I think it’s because it was such a large amount and it’s so new so PayPal hasn’t gotten it figured out yet. I’ve only been able to successfully use the 4 payment plan once on an 90 dollar purchase. Every time after that, I run into this same issue.
Contributor

Wow so they took money from you that never actually went towards an order and you couldn't get the money back?

Contributor

No, I got the money back. I’m sorry I left that part out. I meant I never got a resolution as far as getting my order completed by the merchant. That’s what I really wanted, it would have helped during the holidays. You’ll get your money back for sure.