4 payment plan issue

Jmagana246
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, hoping someone can give me some insight. I was trying to purchase thought bestbuy.com and was able to chose PayPal as an option. When I went to my PayPal sight it also gave me an option to pay in 4 installments, which I chose. I went through the process chose the payment and it redirected me back to the Best Buy website. When I went to place order there was an error that I still needed to enter in my payment information, so me being me I thought I did something wrong and went though the same process and again once I chose the installments and went through that processed it redirected me to Best Buy, I was unable to place order so I checked my PayPal and now it shows I have been charged twice, with no order actually being placed. I checked my bank account and was definitely charged, i never got an email confirmation stating my order was placed, I called Best Buy and had them check to see if there was an order placed and nothing. So now I’ve been charged twice, on a installment plan where I’m supposed to be charged again in 2 weeks with no order actually being placed. Has this happened to anyone else.? Please help! I can’t get though to PayPal at all.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Shopperman2020
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm having this exact problem except that I haven't tried to order again. Money was instantly taken from my bank account for 4 payments, but I got no order confirmation from Best Buy or any email from paypal that a payment was issued. There's no record of the order on Best Buy's website either so I have no order numbers or anything to go off of. This is insane lol.

Login to Me Too

Jmagana246
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately no, I didn’t get a resolution. I ended up paying full price through the website. I even tried it on Walmart.com and Apple.com and went through the same issue like 3-4 times, They took the partial payment but the actual merchant never took the money, and my order was never complete. I spent like 4 hours talking back and forth talking to PayPal, and best buy and even apple. I think it’s because it was such a large amount and it’s so new so PayPal hasn’t gotten it figured out yet. I’ve only been able to successfully use the 4 payment plan once on an 90 dollar purchase. Every time after that, I run into this same issue.
Login to Me Too

Shopperman2020
Contributor
Contributor

Wow so they took money from you that never actually went towards an order and you couldn't get the money back?

Login to Me Too

Jmagana246
Contributor
Contributor
No, I got the money back. I’m sorry I left that part out. I meant I never got a resolution as far as getting my order completed by the merchant. That’s what I really wanted, it would have helped during the holidays. You’ll get your money back for sure.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.