Website scam - supplydefinition.com

gabina1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

I bought a bread maker from a scam website called supplydefinition. I've paid thru PayPall with my credit card and now I'd like to know how I can get my money back.

This company supplydefinition doesn't exist, their phone line is dead and nobody replies any email. I suppose to get my order last Tuesday because I paid extra in order to get it in 2 days delivery. 

So, anybody here has a similar experience? Is it possible to get a refund? What are the steps to be taken from now on?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

AntoineGuguen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I had the same issue and reported it to Canada fraud center they asked me more information yesterday- Paypal opened a ticket for my guest transaction  - this company is a scam and does not exist - email does not exist and phone will not answer - Paypal supported my request and are giving 5 days to the company to answer  -they will reimburse me if no answer... luckily

The website seems offline as of this morning so maybe our voices were heard

thanks

Login to Me Too

Ace4001
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing happen to me. Bought it with my credit card as a guest with PayPal. I might be **bleep** for the money here. I’m just wondering what other actions I can take at very least to make sure it doesn’t happen to anybody else. But yes it does look like the website is in active so I suppose that’s a good thing. It would be nice if someone with them could be held responsible
Login to Me Too

gabina1
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed!

Login to Me Too

gabina1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Antonie,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I have followed your instructions, so I also did report to Canada fraud center.

How can I also have a ticket opened by PayPal for my case?

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

AntoineGuguen
Contributor
Contributor
Hello contact PayPal via mail have the transaction id and a details ready if the transaction is not in your PayPal account (guest transaction) . You should insist as they will not answer by phone with covid. I managed to have a case ID opened after being bumped between many ppl asking the same info again and again.. Good sign.. I will see what happens. Good luck
Login to Me Too

gabina1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Antonie,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I've contacted my credit card bank (Dispute team) and I got the refund already.

I'd suggest you do the same.

Cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.