Unable to Make Payment Synchrony Down?

gadget069
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to make my payment today for my PayPal Smart Connect Account and I keep getting this error when being transferred to Synchrony "We are unable to make the requested updates. Please try again later.
Please go back to Account Summary page Account Summary"

I may not remember to make the payment later today as I will be busy.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

djones45t1at
Contributor
Contributor

Getting the same exact problem.

Login to Me Too

Hiraeth
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. Similar message comes up on the app on my phone, so I can’t pay there either. I can’t even send an electronic payment through my bank because I don’t know my whole account number and can’t access it to get it.

Login to Me Too

AKappel
Contributor
Contributor

Same! I've been getting the error since Friday and it's the same result from both mobile and desktop. 

Login to Me Too

ScottyD1
Contributor
Contributor

Experiencing the same thing both yesterday (Sat 6/29) and today. Tried different browsers, cleared cache, and tried the different links in PayPal to "Paypal Smart Connect" (synchrony) - NO GO: "We are unable to make the requested updates. Please try again later."

FYI -A phone number to pay by phone for PayPal Smart Connect can be found here:

Best of Luck,

Scotty D.

Login to Me Too

gadget069
Contributor
Contributor

I called Friday and made a payment over the phone, but it seems that payment hasn't been processed. This has crippled me selling anything via PayPal as I cannot use those funds for my smart connect payment. Once I have more time I will start making calls on Monday. Whatever is going on needs to be fixed asap. 

Login to Me Too

KParker01
New Community Member

Same issue here.  Had to call number listed on invoice to make an EFT from bank.  PayPal Credit Services:[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Login to Me Too

laurelm
Contributor
Contributor

I've also been trying to pay since Friday. The virtual assistant tells me to refresh the page.....lol.

Login to Me Too

Hiraeth
Contributor
Contributor

I’m also getting the message to reload the page from the virtual assistant, so that’s useless too!

Login to Me Too

alansland2000
New Community Member

I've been trying since friday and I've sent emails. No response and still can't make payment. I tried calling and couldn't get through. What are we supposed to do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.