Total Weight does not match Weight on Customs Form

gcruz0714
New Community Member

When I try to create a label, I have to fill out the Customs form. However, every time I fill it out and hit "Calculate Shipping Cost," I get this message: "Unable to print the requested label at this time. The following error occurred.

The total weight of items listed on the customs form doesn’t match the shipment weight. Please check the information and try again."

And I know the weights are supposed to be the same, but what is the shipment weight? It doesn't show anywhere on my screen what the shipment weight is. Kind of new to PayPal so honestly, anything helps.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gcruz0714 

On the customs form, each item's weight have to equal the total weight you entered.

For example, the package total weight on the shipment page is 1lb but on customs form you can enter 1 item weighing 1lb or 2 items at 8 oz each = 16 oz or 1lb.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

buseyphoto
Contributor
Contributor

Solved the same issue just now.

Another thing to check is that whether one's shipment has a "weight" attribute at all.

If you are shipping USPS flat rate, there will not be a place to set weight. However, the custom form will require the weight in the form to be equal to this non-existent number--which can also lead to this error. PayPal should fix this by allowing weight to still be entered in flat rate shipments.

Login to Me Too

6millionways

How did you solve it? I am having the same issue

Login to Me Too

buseyphoto
Contributor
Contributor

At this point I don't know how to solve the issue.

My way of avoiding this error is to choose a non-flat rate shipping option that allows me to put in the parcel weight (like USPS first class, for example)

This way I can make the two weight attribute consistent. 

Hope this helps and sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same thing. Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Jeno03
New Community Member
Trick the logic of the software. Go to the "lb." Column and hit the space bar once. Do the same in the "oz." Column and don't enter anything. It took me like 30 mins to figure it out but it worked for me.
Login to Me Too

AncientWorlds
New Community Member

Yes, thank you so much!  That worked for me as well, just hitting space bar in # and oz columns

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.