Real Home Tools

RABob
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased an item online from realhometools.com with a PayPal guest payment on March 25, 2020.  The paypal receipt said the payment was made to "Vu <removed>".  Since that date, I've received no communications from the merchant acknowledging the purchase or any shipping info - just a PayPal receipt.  The business address on the website turns out to be a house in a subdivision in Atkins, IA.  A call to the number listed on the website rang twice, then switched to a busy signal.  Anyone else had experience with this seller?    

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

RABob
Contributor
Contributor

Update:  Good news. I no sooner sent the above message when I received a message from the merchant that my item had shipped.  There was no tracking info provided, so I'll see how long it takes to get here.

Login to Me Too

Amanda_R
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased from them April 21st, 2020. They took my money (checked out guest pay pal) but haven't recieved my product or replies to any emails. I cant find a phone number for the company either! I'm very angry. Not sure what next step is may need to report to PayPal to at least try and get my money back. Buyer beware!
Login to Me Too

enormity
Contributor
Contributor

They sent me tracking info that said my item was delivered. I was home at the time. No response for them for a month. No one answers the phone, or replies to emails. 

Login to Me Too

dingo1957
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order on April 1st & payment was made immediately by PayPal. When going to the web site over the next 2 days it said my order was processing. Today it said the order was on hold. The contact phone number does not work & they have not answered my emails. I have reported this to PayPal. If I do not receive my shipment by April 8th. I will escalate this further. 

Login to Me Too

Sheranth
New Community Member
So what happened?? I am in the same exact boat with this "vu trong" character. I called my card company because something felt so off...I am convinced he is a scam!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Sheranth
New Community Member
Yes, I am dealing with him now!!!! Do you have any updates? I purchased an item and then no communication. Everything felt strange and I said to myself, "I've been scammmed". Did you ever get your item?
Login to Me Too

Sheranth
New Community Member
Were you able to get any additional info on this clown? I have been trying to find anything else out about h o...i m and hit a brick wall.
Login to Me Too

dingo1957
Contributor
Contributor

I finally threatened them with escalating my complaint with PayPal & that they would cancel them and my money was refunded. Strangely enough the item I purchased was delivered that day. I emailed them and said if they wanted it back they would have to arrange a pickup at my house since I am NOT leaving my house. I have not heard back from them. I think they are just very poorly run as a business. I never got a shipping notice and they had no idea the item had been drop shipped from their supplier. They need big help as a business but it should not be at our expense. I would recommend escalating your complaint with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

RABob
Contributor
Contributor

I started this thread re: Real Home Tools. As I mentioned immediately after my initial post, I received a notice that my item had shipped.  I eventually received tracking info and the product arrived a few days later.  While the seller could do a better job of communicating about order status, I did received exactly what I ordered.  I'll attribute it to staff issues due to the pandemic and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.