Problem with 2 Prepaid US Cards

Vehix
New Community Member
Hey there folks. I'm having an issue with Prepaid cards, I have recently sold an item to a friend in the USA and their preferred payment method was to pay with Prepaid PayPal cards, he currently needs to pay me 350$. However, he only has 280$ right now and he'll get me the rest later which I am totally fine with. Later yesterday, he sent me the Prepaid Cards in this order: a 100$ and a 180$ prepaid card. Being me, I didn't know how to use this card so I got my Argentinian friend to help, and neither I nor him were able to link it to our PayPal accounts. Thenafter, we tried to link it several times from almost 3 countries, and come to know this one time I did try to link it to my account, it said it was linked to another PayPal account which it wasn't. I checked with the buyer and my friend none of them had it linked. Mind you we only were using the 100$ card. Then only I tried to link the 180$ card and it also said it was linked to another PayPal which it was not because this time it's only me and the buyer who had access to it, I am 100% sure the buyer didn't link it. Later today, the buyer (he's American) informed me that he got the 100$ card to work and linked it to a paypal-prepaid.com account and sent me the details so I can use it (it was only 95$ because it applies mad fees). But now, we're having an issue with the 180$ card as it also says it's linked and when the American buyer tries to activate the 180$ card on paypal-prepaid.com it says "Something Went Wrong Call bla bla number and we will ask you for more additional details". Now it's these additional details that we don't have, because the buyer is under the age of 18 and his parents wouldn't let him use their SSN or ID. So now I cant get the 180$ card activated and it just says it's already linked to another account. The 100$ card however works not bad, I was able to pay for something on the Internet which is good. When I do try to link it to my PayPal to transfer it ti my Paypal balance it says it's already linked to another Paypal account, I was able to pay with it because I entered the card details not through PayPal, which is fine but but then again I need this money on my PayPal balance so I can send it to my friend and if I can't link it to my PayPal account I can't do anything. (I guess we got it activated the real issue is the 180$ that just wouldnt get activated and keeps asking us to contact PayPal support and provide them with additional info, I think the American friend can use his cousin who is over the age of 18 to let us in but I'm not sure).
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.