Paypal Prepaid Mastercard Activation

don912
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I recently ordered the paypal prepaid debit mastercard. I had to provide some of my documents to verify my ID in order to activate my card account. When I received the email from PayPal saying that my card account is ready to use upon verification , I tried to log in to my card via my paypal account, and it said that "the supplied paypal account and the card account have not been linked". So then I tried the button which said "register for online access" it said that the "card is already activated". So I decided to contact the customer service.. And they instructed me to do the steps that I already did several times. Which I followed again and got the same error. After going back and forth between multiple support agents of paypal and paypal prepaid card support, a support request was made with the back office and they said I will receive a phone call from them within 2 business days. This was four days ago and I haven't received a call back. I inquired yesterday and was told to wait until the end of the day.. Yet no phone call. I am getting really frustrated here since when I call the customer support to ask about this, I have to say all this to the agent and then he/she instruct me to do the same steps I have already gone through so many times with so many different computers. Which is ridiculous since I already know that the error is gonna pop and the problem isn't with my computer or my web browser.. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks a lot in advance..
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@don912 

Have you tried logging on through this page and it's giving you the "Not linked" error?

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/account/login

During the activation process where you asked if you had a PayPal account?

"During the PayPal Prepaid Card activation process you will be asked if you have a PayPal Account. If you do have a PayPal Account, then you will be asked to provide the log-in information for the account. We will then use that log-in information to automatically link the PayPal Prepaid Card with your PayPal Account."

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml

If you need further assistance, there is a contact number in the "How do I activate my PayPal Prepaid MasterCard®?" question. Perhaps PayPal PrePaid CS can link it for you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

don912
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for the response.. As I said earlier, I can't use you link to login using my paypal account credentials. It gives the not linked error.. And I couldn't get to the linking stage at the activation process because my account was activated by PayPal manually after I provided my ID documents.. They sent me an email saying my card account is ready to use.. Since that I can't go through the activation process again to link it because it's already been activated by PayPal and I can't log in via PayPal account because its apparently not linked.. I hope you understand my dilemma.
Login to Me Too

Ava_B
Contributor
Contributor
I personally activated via phone, and was never once asked to link my PayPal account. When I try register my card online, I'm stuck on the "wheel of death." I'm guessing this is the problem the OP is having. I've tried desktop and mobile, wifi and 4G. No luck. It's just stuck.
Login to Me Too

JonesRob
New Community Member
Is there a simple way to activate prepaid PayPal card
Login to Me Too

Pinkp0ny
New Community Member
I was told to erase my chrome history however I have not attempted as at this juncture I feel like failure is inevitable.
Login to Me Too

mjjankow
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem as don912. Already spoke with a PayPal representative online, but to no avail. It seems like there's a problem with PayPal's system. If they see that many people are experiencing same issue, then it's on them to fix the problem. Otherwise, their service/Prepaid Card is worthless.

Login to Me Too

DCesar
New Community Member
Unfortunately me too and it make me Feel very frustrated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.