Pay in 4 "Your card is linked, but it won't work with your payment plan."

Alli4545
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I recently ran into an issue with the pay in 4 program, it suddenly will not let me pay for the next payments and when I try to re-add my card it tells me "Your card is linked, but it won't work with your payment plan." Which I don't understand since I've used the same card in the past and there are no issues on my banks side. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Steffif1
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having a similar thing happen with my Pay in 3 but PayPal just won't take the money no matter what. My bank told me it's because they are not taking the payment in the right way and they need to take it by pay by Visa or some other more secure method. I've talked and talked to PayPal over this issue and they aren't helping at all. I've had the money there for weeks but their customer services just don't know how to take it. I've changed cards and moved money to different bank accounts with no luck. I've never had to try so hard to get someone to take my money. It's all very confusing.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Chase

Hi @Alli4545,

Thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear you're having trouble linking a card for your Pay in 4 purchase. Please keep in mind, not all cards accept Pay in 4 transactions. It sounds like you've attempted this with other cards and banks, but are still encountering issues. You can read more information on linking cardsIf you have any other questions, you can reach customer support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Alli4545
Contributor
Contributor

"not all cards accept Pay in 4 transactions." The issue is that my card was working even with past Pay in 4 loans so I dont understand why now it just doesnt work especially when I have current loans that have to be paid off that used the same card. But since I dont wanna be hit with a late fee I was able to use a friends Visa card to pay towards them which I shouldnt of had to do in the first place.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.