Pay in 4 issues

Franktdamico
New Community Member
So ill cut right to the issue, im shopping on a website called evike.com and once ive built my cart and go to checkout, i click pay in 4 through paypal. Paypal approves me, takes my money, then after it takes my money, it brings me back to my order to review it, and items from a previous order are now in my cart, so i try and delete them, and it alters my entire order and says i have to now checkout again. So my money has been taken, i have no order in progress and i dont have the option to pay in 4 anymore. I try to talk with paypal customer service, but their support sucks. What do i do?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Temp20210803d
New Community Member
I’m having the same issue I bout the cz shadow two and paypal is pending the transaction but no order is placed? However I do have a order number this is weird.
Login to Me Too

Shreeti
Contributor
Contributor
So, I was stupid to use this pay in 4 option. See pending satus in the payment, amount deducted, but my order from H and M is still in cart. No idea if order was placed or not. No email or anything regarding order status. All i have is transaction id. 😔😔
Login to Me Too

Shreeti
Contributor
Contributor
So, I was stupid to use this pay in 4 option. See pending satus in the payment, amount deducted, but my order from H and M is still in cart. No idea if order was placed or not. No email or anything regarding order status. All i have is transaction id. 😔😔. Not happy that I am going to miss sweet offer from h and m 👎👎
Login to Me Too

Temp20220422uv
New Community Member

Oh man, I was confused by these feature also. I wanted to try Pay in 4 because there was no interest. But after I thought I had paid, it took me back to the seller's checkout page and it looked like I had not page. Foolishly, I tried it two more times with the same result. Then I wondered if Paypal had just charged me 3x for the same item although their bad UI was so confusing. Spoiler alert: yes they charged me 3x for the first "Pay in 4" payments as I see on my bank statement today. I ended up just buying the thing directly from the merchant with my credit card.

Fortunately the three payments are still payments and the seller only shipped one item based on my credit card order. I contacted the seller to ask them to cancel the 3 extra payments. Hopefuly it works out. I will update y'all later. Now I am going to write a strongly worded email to PayPal telling them how the UI for the "Pay in 4" is very confusing and led to these duplicate charges!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.