Can't setup PayPal KEY.... Asks for phone # won't accept any.

leeuniverse
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to set up the PayPal Key, and I have two phone #'s in my account.
However, on the setup it asks me for a phone # for paypal to text or call me, I try both options and both of my phone #'s, one's Google Voice, and the other is my personal cell phone #, in my name and I'm the only one on the account.

I can't save either # for the system to work.  It gives me a RED Exclamation Point...

I've already called support and they told me to wait 48 hours or whatever for my cell phone # to be recognized, cause I didn't have it in my account cause I don't give out my cell phone # to anyone, but I'm trying to get this stupid PayPal Key to activate, so I thought it might have issues like my bank doesn't like my Google Voice # to simply send a TEXT to verify me when they feel like shutting my account due to suspicious activity, so I end up having to personally go to the Bank cause their phone verification system is stupid.

Anyway, it's been a WEEK+ now, and I still can't add a phone # to the security check, even though both #'s are in my account itself.
This is an utterly *** system that needs to be fixed and also needs other options like email, ssn, etc. verification.

HELP....!!!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.