Pay in 4 Not showing up anymore

HunterCustom
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have some question about ay in 4 feature, I was approved for the feature but now on websites where it was shown, I no longer see the options why could this be?

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

danpreece

I have the same problem.  Used it 5 or 6 times with no problems at all.  No cancellations, no editing cart issues, not the slightest issue or error of any kind.  And yet, the feature no longer shows up--not even for the same businesses and products I was buying before.

And nothing has been "solved" in this thread.  There are no fixes, and Paypal itself offers no help at all.

Login to Me Too

SamiCB
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue / correspondence misalignments as all of you – I love PayPal dearly...Pay in 4 is one of the things I appreciate! Please, please update here if you come across any meaningful solutions!

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

MrVIPMan032

I tried to reach out to their support and they told me to use a competitors product instead. Was an odd experience

Login to Me Too

Salzux913
When that happens to me the only thing that I have found to help bring it back faster. is to make a purchase through PayPal. the smallest amount I've tried is 200 dollars, most of the time when I do that the paying for option is back within 24 hours. no guarantees. beats waiting the usual 2 to 4 weeks for it to show up again
Login to Me Too

Yuru
New Community Member

This could actually be good a way to solved the problem, does it really workwithin 24h hour ? I think I'll try with like 1$ purchase

Login to Me Too

JerseysDevil
Contributor
Contributor
I was using this feature a lot with a perfect payment history. Then I did business with a company that reversed a transaction because they told me to buy the wrong product. Now despite my plans being paid early I don't get this option any more. I am deeply unhappy with PayPal and Synchrony often being unreliable. Introducing them to a transaction has hurt me very badly, several times, and their support is really anything but supportive. I think maybe after 1,000+ transactions it's time to walk away.
Login to Me Too

JerseysDevil
Contributor
Contributor
For those that run into this with PayPal Pay-In-4, Affirm offers the same 4 payment option with a virtual credit card which works widely in my experience. It's true PayPal's system is more integrated, but my PayPal app also crashes at least 3 times a day anyway. Plus Affirm won't try transactions across all your payment accounts causing chaos and maybe overdraft fees which PayPal refuses to refund despite being given no authorization to use a given account for a given charge (my primary bank has PayPal blacklisted for doing that). Also Affirm won't let vendors set up recurring payment arrangements when you intended a single payment you then need to prune. I work too hard for a payment processor to be sitting in my transactions making trouble.
Login to Me Too

APremici
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue. Made an order through the pay in 4 program, then the order was cancelled by the seller since they couldn't fulfill the order and now I can't use pay in 4 anywhere that accepts it, even with places I've purchased from before. PayPal claims that the pay in 4 plan for that order is cancelled, but on my account it still shows as pending and has been that way for a while. So not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I'll be contacting PayPal again tomorrow to try and sort this absolute mess of a system out.

Login to Me Too

mokaily
Contributor
Contributor

i am trying to pay in installments but I keep seeing this message
"sorry we can't offer you this payment plan Paypal"

I don't know what's wrong, I am living in Germany and having my bank accounts that even covers the product value and I have applied my residence and all of my papers have no problem.

so what's wrong here?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dani

Hi there @mokaily,

Thank you for joining us here on the PayPal Community Forums. I know it can be frustrating when you're unable to use of PayPal's products, such as our Pay in 4. As a product that allows a payment plan, it is something that must be applied for. This PayPal Help Center article covers information on what goes in to those decisions: Questions about your Pay in 4 application

That being said, just because a product may not be available now, doesn't mean it won't be available in the future.

I hope this information helps you to better understand the application process, and that you have a great day.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.