Pay in 4 Not showing up anymore

HunterCustom
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have some question about ay in 4 feature, I was approved for the feature but now on websites where it was shown, I no longer see the options why could this be?

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

TheDarkConduit
New Community Member

I used Pay in 4 on my previous purchase, but now I'm unable to use it, is there a reason for this? I've already applied and gotten approved for Pay in 4, so whats the issue?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @TheDarkConduit!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you are unable to use the service Pay in 4 at the moment. Please keep in mind that Pay in 4 is not available for certain merchants and goods. If you choose Pay in 4 as your payment method when you check out with PayPal, you will be taken through the application process. You will get a decision instantly but not everyone will be approved based on our internal checks. If you click here you can find more information about this service. 

I hope this information helps. 

Regards! 

María.

Login to Me Too

SamM93
New Community Member

I have the same problem!!!

I am trying to buy a Item that I have already bought from the same Seller from ebay with the "Pay in 4" option. That option was gone for about two weeks, now after all that waiting its back but telling me: "Sorry, we can't offer you this payment plan"???

Like what is this about, why is it still not working???

It really start to be very frustrating and annoying to pay with PayPal in general.

That is not professional to let ppl have a gamble, maybe it works, maybe not... its to much back and forward.

I even spoke with the supervisor from your customer service and they didn't know what is going on with this "Pay in 4" i also checked out many forums where thousands of ppl have the same problem.

Didn't expect that from a massive Company like PayPal...

Very disappointed! 😞 

PS: I am Sorry for going off here but like i said its VERY frustrating to make a deal with someone to buy and then I have to cancel again and again and again.. 😞

Login to Me Too

EmazingErik

Same here, is there a way to contact PayPal about this issue?

Login to Me Too

BeatMobb
Contributor
Contributor

You can contact but your going to get the run around - here’s a few examples “Its an automated system, there is no-one that works in that area, Its the website your on they don’t accept pay in 4, its on a automated security check, Theres nothing wrong with your account if you not seeing it they don’t offer it”. For more of my favorites see my past posts, there are some good ones!  To answer in short though, No you’ll get some **bleep** who hates you , himself or herself, their job, their parents, supervisor, their car the dog next door, (I am convinced they find these type of people and put them on the phones, then every morning when they get to work each guy gets kicked in the balls 3 times by their supervisor and the girls don’t have a bathroom and their chairs are taken away after 20 mins but every hour they get a new one half the size of the last. Oh and the Main Manager is Satan or the anti-christ..  

At 3am go into your bathroom turn off the lights and say PayPal 3 times, Thats the new way they started taking calls, its like Zoom but when your finished you only have more issues and blood will appear from somewhere out of your body.

Login to Me Too

JNash21
Contributor
Contributor
This is PRECISELY the experience. No wonder eBay chucked them. They really have issues.
Login to Me Too

JNash21
Contributor
Contributor
I placed three orders for pickup Of a leaf blower at Home Depot stores and all three were out of stock and the orders were cancelled. Totally not my fault ! But it hit the suspicious activity filter and now the option is gone. Nobody is required to extend you credit, but this is just shoddy programming and support people who have no training. I might try again in n a few months. Sezzle and Zip are excellent options so from now on PayPal check out is completely off my list. Not giving then the transaction fee.
Login to Me Too

APremici
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed. Their system is a joke. The moment an order is cancelled, whether it be by you or by the store you bought from, the pay in 4 option is immediately removed from your account for a certain period of time and PayPal gives you no option to dispute the outcome and explain what happened. I recently got my service back and because I demanded a refund for an order I made because it never arrived, I immediately got the Pay in 4 option removed again, with once again no option to dispute it. Their system is painfully flawed and I hope other pay in installment services destroy the one and only reason PayPal pay in 4 even has a competitive chance, and that's availability.

Login to Me Too

simonforinton

Same for me, it's like a social credit system without providing you information on how to be a viable credit risk. All in all it is trash.

Login to Me Too

ANGRYPERSON1
New Community Member

YEP FAR AS IM CONCERNED PAYPAL PAY IN 4 IS **bleep** ,,,I WASNT BEHIND AT ALL INFACT I FINISHED A FORTNIGHT EARLY 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.