virtual terminal payment failure

aeanortheast
New Community Member

tried to place a customer order and at the finish it failed and said to try different card. customer states they can see the charge hitting their card but nothing showing on my end.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Donna

Hello @aeanortheast,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm curious if you know what the problem wound up being..??

I've seen this happen a lot with VT, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot with the lack of error information.  As a PayPal partner, we built our own Virtual Terminal on PayPal Commerce Platform that utilizes the "Advanced Credit Card" integration within that.

We've noticed that there are fewer issues like this when using the API's vs. using VT directly, and when a problem does occur we typically get better error information back from the API so it's easier to troubleshoot.

Also, as a bonus, you'll get a rate of 2.69% per transaction with our VT as opposed to the 3.09% that PayPal charges for their VT directly, so you can save some money as well as avoid some of the headaches.  🙂

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.