refer a friend by sending 1p and get £10 bonus

ibrahimzaman01
New Community Member

i have sent 2 of my friends 1p and refered them too join paypal and both of them have done shopping online using paypal and spent over £5+. but i havent recived the £10 bonus why is that?

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

Temp20210926a

I thought payapal only cheated me ....

Login to Me Too

ekokeko
Contributor
Contributor

ı have sent one of my friends 5 pounds and refered them too join paypal  and he  have done shopping online using paypal and spent over £5+.  we havent recived the £10 bonus why is that?

Login to Me Too

Gray01
Contributor
Contributor
I have referred slot of friends to PayPal but only 7 or 8 friends completed the application for PayPal account. My question is as I have sent out 1p to them how do e get my bonus of £80. And when do I get it in my PayPal account balance. I want to know if it is pending and when do I get paid. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Maariiaa1
Contributor
Contributor
Me to, I have the same problem and my friends already got her reward.
Login to Me Too

maa15
Contributor
Contributor

As stated above, I also took part in this promotion. Neither of us got the referral bonus. When contacting Paypal about this, they simply blamed it on "The  System" 

Apparently actual people at Paypal have no control over it whatsoever and only "The System" can decide if you actually get the referral bonus! 

Never heard such a pathetic fob off BS reply. Would be more accurate if the terms and conditions stated "You may or may not get anything, if you don't contact us and we'll pretend to give a **bleep**

Login to Me Too

maa15
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this has all the hallmarks of a scam.

Despite following all the terms, both me and the referral got absolutely zero!

It appears that people getting nothing back are not just isolated incidents and Paypal's attitude is So what, who cares??

When contacting Paypal customer service, they had every excuse under the sun as to why it's failure has nothing to do with them and basically just didn't want to know.

I still get emails from Paypal trying to push the referral programme, needless to say I don't even read them anymore and click on delete.

Really can't think why Paypal has such a totally abysmal rating on Trustpilot. But then again as long as they're raking the money in there's no reason why they should give a toss and quite frankly they don't!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.