paypal.me name change

Uhura
Contributor
Contributor

My name was changed on my paypal account but not my paypal.me name. I have spoken to an operative that said they would send me a link to reactivate it and it would change automatically. The link they sent was to my settings page where I cannot make any changes myself. What can be done to rectify this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Uhura,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues getting your PayPal.me updated. It sounds like you may need to go through the setup of your PayPal.me as if it were setting it up from the beginning. I'd recommend just typing in paypal.me in your browser to see if you can set it up from there. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Uhura
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Jon, but that didn't work.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

Hi, Uhura, 

Once you’ve created your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to delete it. If you want to hide your PayPal.Me link from the world, log into PayPal.Me, tap or click Turn Off My Link. This will prevent people from sending you money. Your PayPal.Me link will still be linked to your PayPal account and won’t be available for others to grab.

If you need to edit your PayPal.Me link, you should contact our Customer Support by clicking Contact from the footer of any PayPal page.

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Uhura
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Tommy, Thanks for your help, but customer support was my first port of call, and the operative I spoke to was useless. Sent me a link to the settings page that I had already tried and where it is not possible to make changes. Im frustrated because Paypal changed my name on the account and did not change the .me name. I have found this issue with other organisations as well. Using the correct name is essential. It wastes time and is stressful unnecessarily. Please Paypal simplify this task and train your operatives.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.