paypal here

MePhone
Contributor
Contributor

i received an email today saying that PayPal here is being stopped in Australia this June .  

is this a genuine email as i use paypal here everyday and to me it would be bad for my business. this is what it said.

From 29 June 2021 AEST, PayPal Here will no longer be available in Australia. From this date forward, you will not be able to accept payments through the PayPal Here credit card reader or the
‌PayPal Here app.

If you purchased a PayPal Here card reader on or after 1 May 2020, you will receive a refund of the purchase price by the end of June 2021.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Shoesandprints
Contributor
Contributor

This looks like a scam to me

Pay Pal Here card readers are still available for sale on their web site and nothing is said about them not being available anymore in Australia 

Login to Me Too

MePhone
Contributor
Contributor

Its not a scam , i spoke to paypal yesterday. apparently it has something to do with the code used with the card reader that the Australian government has said needs to be changed . so from June and until paypal finds another card reader manufacturer that complies with the Australia laws on the code used , they have to stop paypal here in Australia.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.