pay.me to advertise on social media

Fruitgum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi my son has a large following on a social media site and people keep telling him they want to advertise on his site and will pay him. He has set up a paypal.me link but we do not know what else to do. i.e. he does not want to get scammed by someone as it will show his real name and not his social media one when you click one the link (I have just tried it).  Does he need a business account or is a friends and family one ok?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fruitgum 

Realize that when conducting business transactions online you can’t be 100% anonymous. PayPal users can have one personal account and one business account. A business account lets you enter business contact information to interface with the general public and personal information that’s to be the PayPal account holder information so that PayPal can know who the account holder is. Take the time to go through the account settings and feature settings before accepting money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.