old paypal.me

trashtsundere
Contributor
Contributor

hi, I was wondering if there is any way to completely shut down an old PayPal.me link since I had to close my old account but now I cant use the old username for this one, changing it or putting numbers in would ruin it, and since the old name still belonged to me and I grew fond on it I'd really like to keep it

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @trashtsundere,

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble creating your new PayPal.Me link. Once an account claims a PayPal.Me link, that link can only be associated with that account. Even once the account is closed, the link will not be able to be used again. I do hope you can find a new link that you enjoy for your new account!

Take care,

- Celeste S.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @trashtsundere,

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble creating your new PayPal.Me link. Once an account claims a PayPal.Me link, that link can only be associated with that account. Even once the account is closed, the link will not be able to be used again. I do hope you can find a new link that you enjoy for your new account!

Take care,

- Celeste S.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.