link for attendees to pre pay

MatthewNJ1
Contributor
Contributor

Can I create a link so attendees can pre pay for a future scheduled event I am running? do they need to have a paypal account to pay me?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @MatthewNJ1,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting here!

I am glad to help you with your inquiry about PayPal.me link. PayPal.Me is an easier way to get paid through PayPal. You can share your very own PayPal.Me link (paypal.me/Your Name) with others, and they can send you money whenever they want. To create your own PayPal.Me link, just visit PayPal.Me. You can find more information about PayPal.me here

Best wishes!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MatthewNJ1
Contributor
Contributor

Bindu, I was able to do that and it works.  What I did not share was, how can i do this and allow non paypal users to pay me and not require them to have a paypal account?    I have a business account

Thanks,

Matthew

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @MatthewNJ1,

PayPal account is required to be set up to send money using PayPal.me link. However, if the users really don't want to create an account, you can send them an invoice or a money request and they can pay as a guest. More details about PayPal invoice can be found here

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MatthewNJ1
Contributor
Contributor
Bindu, thank you. that doesn't solve my problem though. I want people to be able to pay me without having to have a PayPal account. is there any other way? I have a business account thanks, Matthew
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hey @MatthewNJ1,

Thanks for your response!

I understand that you would like to receive money using PayPal.me. Please be advised that one must have a PayPal account to pay via PayPal.Me. They just have to follow PayPal.Me the link that you’ve been sent and type the amount that they’d like to send and choose how they want to pay from either PayPal balance or bank account or choose the preferred debit or credit card. You may share this help center article for reference. 

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MatthewNJ1
Contributor
Contributor
Ayesha, thank you. that is what Bindu shared, but it does not solve my issue. I have a business account . my question is....is there any other way ( not paypal.me ) PayPal will receive money for me without the sender having a PayPal account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone!! Thanks for visiting  the PayPal Community Forum, @MatthewNJ1. I'm sorry to hear there's still some confusion on how you can allow your sender's to pay you without a PayPal account. I'd be happy to clarify a bit further. 

It is correct that PayPal.me does require the sender to have a PayPal account. However, we do offer a few options where senders can send money with PayPal without a PayPal account. We commonly call it Guest Checkout, but in your account you'll see it labeled as the "Account Optional" feature. This feature is available for Buy Now buttons, Donations, and shopping carts, so you'll most likely have to Create a button or shopping cart, host it on a site, and then send that link to your senders. Here's an article on How to accept payments with Guest Checkout. You'll find details on how to enable the Account Optional feature at the bottom, but the details at the top advise on the functionality and requirements.

However, please keep in mind that every payment is subject for review, and our system may request the sender to sign up for a PayPal account based off of that what that review may find. You can find a bit more detail about that here: Why is customer sign-up required when "Account Optional" is enabled?

I hope that clears things up a bit. My apologies if that wasn't exactly what you were looking for. Good luck on this and future payments through PayPal!

Cheers, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MatthewNJ1
Contributor
Contributor

Jon,

Thank you for your thoughtful response.  This is what I was looking for.  I will investigate these options. 

Peace,

Matthew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.