is paypal here ending?

dirkiedrk1
New Community Member
I recieved an email saying PayPal Here was being discontinued. Is this true?
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Crlov
Contributor
Contributor
Me also. And the link it said to go to for more info did not work
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @dirkiedrk1 and @Crlov,

Thanks for visiting our community help forum!

At PayPal, we always work to deliver deliver innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. From time to time, we update the products and services to meet our border global product portfolio. With this in mind, we are discontinuing PayPal Here services in the US as we invest in solutions, like PayPal Zettle products and Tap to Pay, for the emerging in-person payment needs of our merchants and their customers. More information about PayPal Here Deprecation can be found here.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

djs11
Contributor
Contributor

Has zettle been fixed so that the name on the credit card is captured like pay pal here does?  If not, the switch should not occur until this is fixed

Login to Me Too

SRTWY
Contributor
Contributor

Yes; Paypal Here is being discontinued as of April 3.  You'll need to switch to Zettle for a Paypal-integrated service by then.

Login to Me Too

djs11
Contributor
Contributor

will zettle capture the name like pay pal here does when a card is used.  If not the switch should not occur until it does.  It is very important to have this info

Login to Me Too

imtigger2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.. it's true.   Buh bye cute little card reader.    All I can say is get your booty over to my.zettle.com NOW and pay $29 for a new card reader, while they are on sale!  They are normally $79 .     Once you have a Zettle reader, things should be the same for y'all.   Same Paypal acct.   Same $ going into your Paypal acct.   Same fees.

Danny B

Carlsbad CA 

Login to Me Too

Dinnages
Contributor
Contributor

So we have to pay again for yet another reader, this will be my third from paypal, I gave up on izettle in its early days when you put the card reader into the speaker socket of your phone!! Nobody liked that as a customer.

What I cannot find out now that I am being denied the use of my card reader in April when I go to market events, my ipad and iphone will no longer take card payments on the card reader, so yes being forced off and have to buy another card reader. Okay its £29 so called discounted, but if we were all pushed to pay full price how many would go elsewhere, while Sumup is being heavily pushed at us everywhere I have stuck woth paypal because I can still create add-to-cart buttons for my simple html coded pages inside wordpress, plus those without internet access, yes there are buyers out there that either use cheques or will fill in the back page of catalogues and send card details that way. Okay you could do a phone sale but you have to be oavailable when they are to do that, people like to do this when they choose to which isnt going to work if I am not available.

So would someone at paypal answer my emails and support requests about the izettle card reader and wether I can still enter data or is this the end of paper catalogues taking payments by filling in forms when cheques are being discontinued, and many elderley buyers do not have email to have 'invoices' or do not buy online.

Dealer in transport books, badges, greeting cards and more
Login to Me Too

EnergyMedicine
Contributor
Contributor

same, same, same?  The $ goes to zettle then to the paypal account.  Not quite the same (I just read this).

Login to Me Too

Dinnages
Contributor
Contributor

Well after a polite niggle that yet again I was being asked to pay for a new reader after all those loyal years, I have a new one arrive today.

I have been informed I CAN still use the reader when customer not present, okay I know its higher fees and more risk however only ever once have I had one postal order using my catalgoue form that entering the details it failed authentication so maybe someone else was trying to buy goods using someone elses card.

So far I was impressed with the service from paypal, for a change, because usually anything other than generic questions you normally get nowhere.

Will see if the reader does live up to the promise, guess that IT has to move forward and the new type of Zettle is an improvement on both the paypal and the original izettle.

Dealer in transport books, badges, greeting cards and more
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.