Zettle Card Number vs Name of Card Holder

ACCF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, our business bought Zettle to use for credit card payments. We are not able to apply the payment to the person's account because we are only able to see the last 4 digits of the card number and not their name or information. Is there a way to display their name instead of the card number to identify?

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

TGPMD1
New Community Member

I started using Zettle for our organization. We REALLY need to know who paid so can figure out what invoice or account to put the money in. PLEASE ADD ASAP! Can't tell what member is sending money and for what.

Login to Me Too

BostonNorth1
Contributor
Contributor

so true it is not usefull to use if you don't know at the minimum a name

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TGPMD1

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can certainly understand the need to track who's being paid. Have you tried Enabling Customer Lists on Zettle? Here's a Help Center article to guide you through that feature: Enabling Zettle Customer Lists. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

BostonNorth1
Contributor
Contributor

when you run a fundraising event you do not have a customer list. After the event you have no idea who paid for anything and can not sent a thank you or collect a contact.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@BostonNorth1

Thanks for reaching back out! I certainly appreciate your position when receiving donations at fundraising events. After taking your donation in person, you can tap the "Add customer" option at the top-right corner of the receipt view. From there, you can tap "Create New" and enter the patron's information. 

However, the first time that you opt to use this function, you’ll be presented with our privacy terms so that you understand your responsibilities when it comes to handling customer information.

For more information, please review the Help Center article I've linked above. 

Have a great day and thank you for visiting PayPal's Community Forum!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

BostonNorth1
Contributor
Contributor

It should really be in the report as it was with PayPal Here. If you have the last 4 digits then you have the other info.

Login to Me Too

Doug401
Contributor
Contributor

Jon:

When you have a line of people wanting to pay, you do not have time to go through the process you described.  Is adding the name in zettle in the works and if so can you delay the forced switch from pay pal until it is complete since there appear to be many many users with a big problem with this?

Thank

Doug

Login to Me Too

BostonNorth1
Contributor
Contributor
Do you know if Apple square reports the name? Zettle is useless at a function with out names and people in lines.
Login to Me Too

jeffwj
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to know that too.  I would go with basically any reputable, secure company that provides the ability for me to keep track of each individual payment.

Login to Me Too

jeffwj
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly.  Is Paypal Here still operating?  If so, I'll pull it out of the drawer and start using it.  I ordered the  Zettle reader because PayPal stated that I had to.  If PayPal Here is still active, I will use that in the meantime while looking at other options that provide the same features that we are accustomed to.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.