ZETTLE IS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME IMPLEMENTATION SHOULD BE DELAYED

Doug401
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal here in ending 4/3/23 and zettle does not have the same capabilities and should be delayed until it does.  Using my iphone, I cannot make notes on a credit card charge and the card users name is not automatically captured like it is in PayPal here.  These are huge inconveniences and the switch should be delayed until they are fixed.

PLEASE LET PAYPAL KNOW YOU AGREE WITH ME.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Doug401 

PayPal Zettle has been available for use for some time now since acquisition so there are users already using the service currently not aware of and/or needing these features. Perhaps you can request these as future improvements and make adjustments in your workflow until they do but PayPal can’t just take the product offline on your say so.

Contact sales team to give them the feedback to pas to the product development:

https://www.paypal.com/us/business/pos-system

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

djs11
Contributor
Contributor

Zettle does not show the name of the cardholder and you cannot add a note to the charge while using my  iphone, both of which you can do currently with pay pay here.

I am not asking to take zettle down, I am just asking to delay the forced switch of pay pal here on 4/4/23 until these two valuable options are added in zettle.

Thanks

Doug

Login to Me Too

djs11
Contributor
Contributor

Well, maybe other do not need the functions I am asking for but we need the functions because members can charge their annual membership, and with zettle we have no way of seeing their name like we can in paypal here nor can we put in a note using my iphone as to who the charge was from.  Until this is possible we should not have to switch to zettle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone!! Thank you for your interest and feedback on PayPal Zettle. This is a relatively newer PayPal service, but we are excited about the opportunities it presents our customer's businesses and appreciate any and all feedback you may want to provide.

Hi @davoaxoim, I'm glad to hear your experience so far has been mostly good with Zettle. Unfortunately, you are correct, while your repayment percentage will be applied to the sales you process through PayPal Zettle and used to repay your PayPal Working Capital loan, these sales will not be considered when determining PayPal Working Capital loan eligibility at this time. I can't say whether this will change in the future or not, but I can say we hear our customer's voices loud and clear and try to adapt to their needs the best we can.

Hello @djs11, Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Thank you for your feedback so far. Have you tried looking into some of our alternative options such as subscription buttons on PayPal? That may be a better option for you since it sounds like you're collecting annual membership dues. Also, I would recommend checking out the Customer List feature davoaxoim mentioned above. Here's a bit more info on that feature: Enabling Zettle Customer Lists. 

I hope that helps. You're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams with any questions and concerns you may have. 

Cheers, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

davoaxoim
Contributor
Contributor

Having been using Zettle since June with only one issue, I can't get a PPWC loan because the algorithm doesn't see the transaction. 

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but you can add pretty much whatever you wish in the product listing. You may need to do a custom product each time to achieve what you want. The system is designed for retail or restaurant uses. There is a customer list tab where you can collect customer information. 

DaVo
Axiom Body Piercing
AxiomPiercing.com
Login to Me Too

djs11
Contributor
Contributor

The product listing section is not a problem. Using zettle with an iphone, the cardholder name does not appear and you cannot add a note to the charge both of you can in paypal here.  We should not be forced to switch on 4/3/23 until these issues are fixed.

Thanks

Doug

Login to Me Too

mhgross
Contributor
Contributor

Zebra123
Contributor
Contributor
I agree that for membership organizations it is critical to have a record of who the “customer” is — either via the credit card data or in a notes field! Even with PayPal Here, sometimes the cardholder data was missing or fishy. Therefore, I usually added a note to make sure I could assign the membership to the right person. Or, if someone paid for two memberships, to identify both individuals. This is an essential feature for us!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.