Working capital denials

Turtle24
Contributor
Contributor

Is the whole Working Capital program shut down right now or is the system messed up in some way? Everyone I know and many in the PP community are just getting Dlgj0905, 0906, 0904 codes regardless of processing numbers, great history, no limits, etc… it’s been months of the same code after paying 4 previous loans totaling over 250K. Processing on average over 10k a month. I think the algorithm is broken, or just poorly designed and it’s affecting honest, hard working small business. Can someone within PayPal explain with something other than “just keep processing and trying”? There has to be a resolve to this considering it’s affect on thousands upon thousands throughout this platform.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

JustMyTuppence
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Turtle24, 

I completely empathise with you, it is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. I've also been reading the same forums and it appears that growing, reliable businesses are being declined for vague reasons, all with the same decline codes, around the same time!

I have had 5 previous loans, all paid back well before the due date without any account issues, business has grown each time I have been approved for another loan. I rang  customer service and keep being told that I am being declined for a threshold problem (DLGJ0906) and ask if I have had a dip in sales. I am very confused because I earnt less on the past 5 loans and was approved immediately. I have always received an invite to apply again the same day I receive the email and have applied, this time I got invited to apply again (on 1st December) and I am being declined everyday.

It doesn't make sense, I think customer service don't understand the algorithm and are playing a guessing game, as I keep being given different responses each time I call. The good news is that on other forums it appears persistence does pay off if you continue making sales, but with no defined period of waiting and a need for working capital, I'm starting to wonder what I should do.

It feels unfair to have been loyal and processed all sales through PayPal, done everything by the book, to be declined for no defined or justifiable reason, there is some consolation that thousands of people seem to be suffering at once! They need to fix it if they want to retain clients, they will lose a lot of money if we all went to another provider.

Login to Me Too

JustMyTuppence
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update that I was approved this morning after 5 consistent days of rejection with code DLGJ0906 and being sent round the houses with various excuses by customer services as to why I had not been approved. I really think the algorithm has the ultimate say and I'd rather customer service just said that plain and simple. I think the finance companies that work with PayPal to give the loans out must have cut back on the funding and this has had a knock on effect on how many loans PayPal can approve. Even though my sales are up for 90 days and the year, I received the same amount of working capital this time around as I did in Feb 2021 (5 loans ago!) when I'd made significantly less money. Very strange but grateful to God for being approved. 

Login to Me Too

Turtle24
Contributor
Contributor
So happy for you. What time of day. Lol. I’ll hit that mark everyday. Haha. Still denied here trying right when I saw your response.
Login to Me Too

bluebird211
Contributor
Contributor

That's good to know they are still offering funding somewhat, perhpas it's country specific. 

Login to Me Too

breakneckbikes
Contributor
Contributor

Hello . I am getting the same code as you were. I have yet to establish a working capital loan . My sales have only increased . they tell me to keep reapplying. You stated after 5 days of being denied that you were finally approved again. What changed on your end for the algorithm to not deny your application if you dont mind me asking or if you even know your self what the change was . Thanks for your time John [removed]

Login to Me Too

tootall727
Contributor
Contributor

How consistent / inconsistent are your sales month per month?  Seems they have to be very close to each other each month to get approved.   Looking at my previous loans, the two months were within $1k of each other. 

Login to Me Too

Turtle24
Contributor
Contributor
Kept them at 10k consistently
Login to Me Too

davoaxoim
Contributor
Contributor

Have you changed over from Paypal Here to Zettle by Paypal? Though PayPal is phasing out PayPal Here and trying to push everyone into Zettle. Payments made through Zettle are not recognized for qualification for PPWC. This is regardless of the number of loans you have paid off or whether all your transactions are going through PayPal. The algorithm sees the Zettle transition as being processed from a thrid party processor. The only suggestion that customer service has come up with is switching back to Paypal here and waiting 3 months or until they fix this known issue.

DaVo
Axiom Body Piercing
AxiomPiercing.com
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.